GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid GCSE .. 'Stuff'"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/01/03 at 18:10
Regular
I got this e-mail from a friend, who 'claimed' these were all in GCSE English Writing papers as similies/metaphors etc. All are ... terrible ...

Read on..

----

- His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a tumble dryer.

- Murphy fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a paper bag filled with vegetable soup.

- Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.

- Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the centre

- Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

- The politician was gone but unnoticed, like the full stop after the Dr. on a Dr Pepper can.

- John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.

- The thunder was ominous sounding, much like the sound of a thin sheet of metal being shaken backstage during the storm scene in a play.

- The plan was simple, like my brother Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan might just work.

- The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.

- Oh, Jason, take me!" she panted, her breasts heaving like a student on 31p-a-pint night.

- He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

- Her artistic sense was exquisitely refined, like someone who can tell butter from "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter."

- She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.

- It came down the stairs looking very much like something no one had ever seen before.

- It was a working class tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with their power tools.

- He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a dustcart reversing.

- She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli and he was room-temperature British beef.

- She walked into my office like a centipede with 98 missing legs.

- Her voice had that tense, grating quality, like a first-generation thermal paper fax machine that needed a band tightened.

- It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the wall.
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Thanks J-42, I've got the word count, but I think it will be a while until I've posted 300 times. Gerrid, I apologise for insulting you by giving my opinion on the Dreamcast (but we ARE entitled to our opinions after all).
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Lombardo wrote:
> How do I go from Newbie to Regular?
> (I'm not stupid, so no "hilarious" sarcastic answers
> please).
> Thanks

It's to do with appreciating the Dreamcast, and the Top posters list...
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
That is absolutely ridiculous that they would include such utter crap!

I am outraged

*plots against AQA*
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
*Ha* Sorry *Composes self*

You must post 300 messages, and 1000 words.

*lol* Sorry
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:21
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Seeing as this thread has nothing to do with the future of gaming, I decided to ask something also unrelated to the subject;

How do I go from Newbie to Regular?
(I'm not stupid, so no "hilarious" sarcastic answers please).
Thanks
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:12
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Fair enough. Do you know whether msn is up and running properly?
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:04
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Well..it's full of randomness, like the David Brent thing.

And Cube and Sony and Xbox are all console specific, so wouldn't appreciated it much.

And Life is a bit too serious.

So it was more elimination.

:)
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
They're funny, but why are they in FOG chat?
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
> - Murphy fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a paper bag filled
> with vegetable soup.

LOL!!!

> - The plan was simple, like my brother Phil. But unlike Phil, this
> plan might just work.

I like this one. :D

> - She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes
> just before it throws up.

LMAO!!!

They're my personal favourites, but they're all great. :D Cheers for that.
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:33
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Nope, they are infact students answers...

Scary, huh?

(And the Euthanasia thing... *shakes head*)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.