GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fatal Inertia Demo XBox Live"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fatal Inertia'.
Tue 14/08/07 at 17:46
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Fatal Inertia demo appeared this morning for downloading.

Quick Demo Review: Don't bother, it's dire.
Wed 15/08/07 at 13:51
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Chaos wrote:
> Any idea what happened to it along the way?

Its a game made with the unreal engine. I dont know if you've seen but there are various court cases flying around at the moment involving Epic and their delivery of the next-gen unreal technology. Simply, Epic took a very long time to deliver a finished engine, the PS3 version of which still hasnt been completed as far as we know.
Wed 15/08/07 at 08:46
Regular
Chaos wrote:
> Any idea what happened to it along the way?

Judging from the XBox 360 demo I'd hazard a guess they pulled all the humans out of the dev team after they finished all the nice CGI sequences and then contracted out to the local monkey enclosure for the actual gameplay sequences.

Pod Racing is actually a better game if the demo is anything to go by. The original Wipeout on the PS is probably a better game.

I think I'm being a little harsh because early impressions of the game made it look like a nice next gen title, but the demo dashed those expectations against some sharp rocks. Then pummelled them with a sledgehammer. Then poured sulphuric acid over the remains.
Wed 15/08/07 at 01:24
Regular
"Mooching around"
Any idea what happened to it along the way?
Tue 14/08/07 at 23:54
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Yeah I think so.
Tue 14/08/07 at 23:38
Regular
"Mooching around"
Wasn't that supposed to be a PS3 launch title?
Tue 14/08/07 at 18:05
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
From the videos it looks like a next-gen version of Star Wars Episode 1: Pod Racer to me. :) I suppose Wipeout was their inspiration though.
Tue 14/08/07 at 17:46
Regular
Fatal Inertia demo appeared this morning for downloading.

Quick Demo Review: Don't bother, it's dire.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.