GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best new games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/01/03 at 22:54
Regular
Whats the best new games out for the PS2 or soon to be released?

Don't say the usual like Vice City, Getaway, Pro Evo 2, Timesplitters 2.
Already got them.

Go on suggest some games and make fun of others for suggesting rubbish games.
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:58
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
At the moment I am mostly recommending Gitaroo man, Ico, and Grand Prix Challenge. Although the first two are not so new. I am also playing CMR3, Vice City, and Ratchet & Clank. I've got games coming out of me ears at the moment!
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
I'm waiting in eager anticipation for Tenchu 3, its going to be the dog's. Looking further into the future; FFXI, Timesplitters 3 and the next GTA instalment.
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:45
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Played Rocky on the Cube, liked it.

Got Onimusha 2, brilliant!

If you like wrestling get Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth, I'm not too big on wrestling but the game is top notch.

Burnout 2, loving it!

Virtua Fighter 4, otherwise wait for Deadly Alliance(Mortal Kombat)

Nightfire is decent enough.

Anything else?

Oh yeah, Tony Hawks 4/Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX or why not ratchet and Clank.

Hope I was of any help.
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:40
Regular
"accidental superher"
get onimusha 2....saw it for 20 quid new the other day...
Thu 09/01/03 at 15:52
Regular
"Little Wonder You!"
Why not join me while I weep and cry waiting on Tenchu 3? I bought the last two the day they came out and I've been dishonourably murdering people ever since.
Tue 07/01/03 at 13:53
"You love us!"
WRC2 - excellent game, loads of rallies, tracks and cars. Lots to do, looks nice and will have you playing for ages.

LOTR:Two Towers - not really my bag and looks cr@p to be honest

Hitman 2 - good, although a little slow for my taste

Fifa 2003 - not a bad game of footie for the FIFA series, but Winning 116:FE is way better, and so is PES2 for that matter.

Tony Hawks 4 - Excellent, the best THPS game so far - and all the others were all damn good.

Ratchet & Clank - only played about 5 mins of this so far, but looks amazing, and seems to play well. And judging by what other people have said, this is a top game. Might actually play it soon.

Red Faction 2 - Good FPS, lots of cool hardware and some good levels with a fair bit of variation. Not as good as TimeSplitter 2 for me tho. Still good.

Tekken Tag - good fighter, Tekken 4 is slightly better tho, natch!

GT3 - excellent, the best driving sim there is.

Jak & Daxter - good, although now eclipsed by Ratchet and Clank/Sly Cooper

MGS2 - very good, but once you finished it once, it looses that special something for me.

MOH:Frontline - good game, might get around to finishing it soon

Tomb Raider:AOD - looks good, although I’ve never been into Lara ;-)

DMC2 - top of my must have list when the US version release is out, which is very soon. 28th of Jan I believe?

Mortal Kombat:DA - excellent beat ‘em up, got the US version and it is arguably the best fighting game on PS2, yes even better than VF4 and Tekken 4 in places. MK returns to form, although the lack of fatalities (only 1 per character and no stage fatalities) is a real bummer.

Splinter Cell - played it on Xbox and wasn't really impressed. looks nice, but not my bag. Still, other rave about it so it must be doing something right!

Yup there sure is some good stuff around at the moment.
and don't forget...

Sly Cooper
Red Dead Revolver
Shinobi
Contra Shattered Soldier
Legends of Wrestling 2

...all worth keeping an eye on if you're into the particular genre of the game.
Tue 07/01/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
AliBoy wrote:
> Whats the best new games out for the PS2 or soon to be released?

Big Mutha Truckers was pleasantly suprising. i.e. it actually turned out to be a very enjoyable game and not just a rip off of Sega's 18-Wheeler (which would have been a bad idea as 18-Wheeler wasn't that great).

Most recent additions to my collection include:

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (EA)
Big Mutha Truckers
SSX Tricky (for £19.99 I couldn't resist)

On my list of games to get there's not a great deal in terms of new ones out currently but here they are anyhow:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
Tomb Raider: AOD
Splinter Cell
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
James Bond 007 Nightfire
Wild Arms 3
and if it ever gets released over here....Suikoden III
Tue 07/01/03 at 11:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well I'm looking forward to Devil May Cry 2 which I think is out in a few weeks.
Mon 06/01/03 at 23:13
Most of the great games you stated.

You could try...

0) WRC2
0) LOTR:Two Towers
0) Hitman 2
0) Fifa 2003
0) Tony Hawks 4
0) Ratchet & Clank
0) Red Faction 2

Or pick up these oldies for next to nothing...

0) Tekken Tag
0) GT3
0) Jak & Daxter
0) MGS2
0) MOH:Frontline

Or wait...

0) Tomb Raider:AOD
0) DMC2
0) Mortal Kombat:DA
0) Splinter Cell

There are loadza games out there that are waiting to be picked up and played, some reviewed badly but a great suprise, its personal opinion... Check out reviews and find a gem hidden in the dust and cobwebs, you might have overlooked a great game?

Why?
Mon 06/01/03 at 23:02
Regular
"Balls"
is summoner 2 any good it looks better than the last but looks arn't everything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.