GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Knight Tale"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/01/03 at 13:12
Regular
I was thinking about how fun it would be to create a FPS/RPG which put you in the role of a 14 year old stable boy who's only dream in the world was to become a Knight.

The game could start off with a big FMV sequence with your character John (might change that) playing with his friends vowing one day he would become a better Knight than his squire and fight by the kings side. Then your squire calls you to help him with training and thats where the game would begin.

After the FMV sequence you find yourself in the role of John and your first objective is to follow your squire and set up the targets for him and fetch and carry stuff. Your probably thinking thats a little boring right, well this is where it gets exciting. Your squire is urgently called away to the kings chambers and you find out that there is going to be a battle. Now because you are only a stable boy you are not alowed to go, hence forth you must stay and defend the castle with the rst of the young boys and old men.

Then the game would go into another FMV and show the knights riding off and you looking over from the top off the gate. Then later that knight you hears the screams of a young maiden and run to the princesses quarters and find a man standing over her with his sword drawn, so imediately you rush in and draw your sword and run him through.

Now when the king and the knights return you notice that your squire is not there and because you have save the Kings daughter he rewards you with the honour of being knighted and then you begin your training.

The game would be a FPS with RPG elements so you could upgrade your stats to make your attack or defence stronger, along the game you would engage in battles on foot and horse back. Leading vast army's into victory in the Kings name.

After you avanced in the game a little it would jump to a point where you are a full adult and a very good friend of the king and one of his greatest knights. Unfortunately though disaster strikes and the king is struck dead before your very eyes one day while attending a meeting and then your job in the game is to find the killer/s and bring them to justice. Hell you could even fall in love witht the princess.

It needs quite alot of work, on the story line but this is just the first rough one and once i've looked at it and though things over i'll post the new one. Still got to think of a name as well.

Any contributions you have would be great i'll listen to them all.
Wed 08/01/03 at 20:16
Regular
"The World is Dead"
yeah a sort of black and white but Knight thing. that has a nice feel to it. plus any add-ons could like form around what youv'e done before.
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:18
Regular
"I see you"
Nice comments, i likle the third person idea but as i said it's relly early days and also the good and evil thing quite good it'd have to be worked in like for example you get ordered to help a village but you chose not to.
Tue 07/01/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Or what about something like Project Ego? Where you can choose to do heroic or dark deeds that'll actually affect how your character looks? So you do loads of heroic deeds and you look like a white Knight in shining armour and your face looks handsome and honest. Or you could choose to do evil deeds and your armour would be black and you'd have the most evil face ever!
Tue 07/01/03 at 13:53
Regular
"The World is Dead"
I think it might be easier for the sword fights if you had it as third person perspective. but for bows and stuff It changed to FPS veiw for accuracy.

How about "Quest-the beggining" or something like that. meaning its easy to tag sequals on.
Tue 07/01/03 at 13:12
Regular
"I see you"
I was thinking about how fun it would be to create a FPS/RPG which put you in the role of a 14 year old stable boy who's only dream in the world was to become a Knight.

The game could start off with a big FMV sequence with your character John (might change that) playing with his friends vowing one day he would become a better Knight than his squire and fight by the kings side. Then your squire calls you to help him with training and thats where the game would begin.

After the FMV sequence you find yourself in the role of John and your first objective is to follow your squire and set up the targets for him and fetch and carry stuff. Your probably thinking thats a little boring right, well this is where it gets exciting. Your squire is urgently called away to the kings chambers and you find out that there is going to be a battle. Now because you are only a stable boy you are not alowed to go, hence forth you must stay and defend the castle with the rst of the young boys and old men.

Then the game would go into another FMV and show the knights riding off and you looking over from the top off the gate. Then later that knight you hears the screams of a young maiden and run to the princesses quarters and find a man standing over her with his sword drawn, so imediately you rush in and draw your sword and run him through.

Now when the king and the knights return you notice that your squire is not there and because you have save the Kings daughter he rewards you with the honour of being knighted and then you begin your training.

The game would be a FPS with RPG elements so you could upgrade your stats to make your attack or defence stronger, along the game you would engage in battles on foot and horse back. Leading vast army's into victory in the Kings name.

After you avanced in the game a little it would jump to a point where you are a full adult and a very good friend of the king and one of his greatest knights. Unfortunately though disaster strikes and the king is struck dead before your very eyes one day while attending a meeting and then your job in the game is to find the killer/s and bring them to justice. Hell you could even fall in love witht the princess.

It needs quite alot of work, on the story line but this is just the first rough one and once i've looked at it and though things over i'll post the new one. Still got to think of a name as well.

Any contributions you have would be great i'll listen to them all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.