GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game packaging and boxart resources..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/01/03 at 16:24
Regular
Have decided to do a project on Game packaging/boxart for graphics and i'm looking for site which have either good documentation on the subject or large, high-res scans.

If anyone knows any good sites please list them in here if you have the time or anything related to the subject which you think may be of particular use, thanks in advance.

slik ~_~
Thu 09/01/03 at 10:29
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Slik, if you wanna set up a website for this as part of your project, then let me know. I'm always on the lookout for game covers (i get a lot of promo copies for review without boxes) and find that all the sites are either rubbish, foreign, or don't carry my game.

In the meantime, have a look at

http://www.cd-covers.com/

for a listing of the best coversites available, though you're usually better off just going to

http://www.cdcovers.cc/

first, as they are the best.
Thu 09/01/03 at 10:14
Regular
"DS..."
I allready have the Edga Retro guide and whereas it is a good source of info and facinating articles it does'nt really have any close-up packshots which i could use as examples but i will have a look on Google to see if any good will come of it.

slik ~_~
Wed 08/01/03 at 10:57
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
You need the Edge retro - it shows details of retro magazines and different covers and how they've changed over the years. You might not buy mags much but at a fiver, it's pretty good value because it's full of interesting info.

My only other advice is to go to retro shops like Computer Exchange and ask if they've got any old copies of magazines like Crash! Your Sinclair etc. Any Jap mags would be good as well because artwork for Jap games are usually the best in the world. Maybe you could take a digital camera along and ask to take picture of loads of Jap/English game covers from the past?

Other than that, check google and search for "history of gameart"
Wed 08/01/03 at 09:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
play around with Macromedia Fireworks :0)
Wed 08/01/03 at 09:36
Regular
"DS..."
POP RIGHT TO THE TOP

slik ~_~
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I dont really buy any game magazines so any websites would be great.

Or any programs that I can download which will help me actually design the front cover etc.
Thanks.
:-)
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:45
Regular
"DS..."
i dont know about programs herc, but for inspiration have a look at the Edge Retro guide as thats got a fine example of a cover on it (the contents is good too) :)

slik ~_~
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I would be quite interested in something like this also.

Im planning to design a magazine for my Graphics course and so would like to know how to make the front cover and stuff.

Any programs availible or something?

Help is appriciated.
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:32
Regular
"DS..."
thanks, hopefully then i can order it via some sort of back-issue service i assume unless it's not available.

slik ~_~
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
i'll get you the issue number for the article when I get back home...
scan? don't think so :0(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.