GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Life: Xen"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/01/03 at 16:47
Regular
I thought has just popped into my mind as i was browsing my games self and i came along three very ampt named titles, Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force and Half-Life: Blue shift. Okay you've had the chance to play three of the main classes of people from the original Half-Life game, Scientist, Soldier and Security Guard but what about the Aliens.

I know there is a limit to what you can do as an alien as they all have there own unique weapons, but think about this for an example what if you base Half-Life: Xen after Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force and Half-Life: Blue shift but change it so that the Aliens are going to make one last attempt to take the earth and therfore create a super alien which is capable of mutating and creating various weapons.

Take this for example if you came across one of your dead allies you could take a sample of his DNA and splice it with your own to give you his certain weapons/powers (Evolva style, but without the mutate screen) and you could also mutate yourself to look like humans to get past a squad of soldiers which then would enable you to use human weapons.

I'm actually not suprised that valve didn't do another half-life sequel, uless they saw it as that the game would look to dated by the time it was finished or maybe they are planning to write this into the sequel.

At this moment in time i'm not aware that anyone else has posted such a thing as this but if they have a do apologise.
Thu 09/01/03 at 15:55
Regular
"I see you"
Yeah i've played it, but i was hoping that there would be an official Half-Life: Xen mod. As i said though it would look really dated against some of the big contenders this year.
Wed 08/01/03 at 19:50
Regular
"The World is Dead"
theres somthing like this in pc gamer at the moment. It's called "natural selection" It's only multiplayer but you get to play as aliens scientists, and troops. It's also got a RTS view for one of the players in either team which they can sort things out looks nice. Have a look into it.
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:47
Regular
"I see you"
I thought has just popped into my mind as i was browsing my games self and i came along three very ampt named titles, Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force and Half-Life: Blue shift. Okay you've had the chance to play three of the main classes of people from the original Half-Life game, Scientist, Soldier and Security Guard but what about the Aliens.

I know there is a limit to what you can do as an alien as they all have there own unique weapons, but think about this for an example what if you base Half-Life: Xen after Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force and Half-Life: Blue shift but change it so that the Aliens are going to make one last attempt to take the earth and therfore create a super alien which is capable of mutating and creating various weapons.

Take this for example if you came across one of your dead allies you could take a sample of his DNA and splice it with your own to give you his certain weapons/powers (Evolva style, but without the mutate screen) and you could also mutate yourself to look like humans to get past a squad of soldiers which then would enable you to use human weapons.

I'm actually not suprised that valve didn't do another half-life sequel, uless they saw it as that the game would look to dated by the time it was finished or maybe they are planning to write this into the sequel.

At this moment in time i'm not aware that anyone else has posted such a thing as this but if they have a do apologise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.