GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Collecting & Unlocking"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/01/02 at 09:02
Regular
If I lived 50 years ago, before videogames were a twinkle in Atari's eye, I suspect I would have been a Stamp Collector or something just as pointless, because I'm not content until I've unlocked and collected every item or secret from within a game.
It doesn't matter how important or trivial the items are, I always find myself obsessively pursuing them.

This is why a game like Sonic Adventure 2 did my head in.
There was no way (and I darn well knew it) that I was going to collect ALL the Emblems and unlock the 1st level from Sonic 1 (MegaDrive version).
I came tantilizingly close (about 12 Emblems short), but in the end I had to give up dejected and defeated.
God it was painfully difficult: to achieve "A" grades on every mini challenge within every stage was in my opinion near on impossible, not to mention unfair. (I bet they make it easier on the GameCube.)

One good thing to come out of my compulsion to collect every in-game item, however, is that I certainly get my monies worth out of most games.
I can spend hours exploring levels in search of a gem or trying to beat a top score in order to unlock a special vehicle which usually ends up to be practically useless.

I'm beginning to think I'm a bit sad..... but then again, collecting and unlocking stuff from a game is half of the fun, right?
....Isn't it?
Well that's what my imaginary friend tells me.
Anyway, enough of this idle chatter, I've got better things to do, like save and unlock and thus add the "Boy Toy" dancer to the collectable character profiles from level one (extra) on Space Channel 5 - (thanks for the GAD SR).
Wed 30/01/02 at 09:28
Regular
SNAP! Collecting all the emblems on Sonic Adventure 2 is impossible, so I cheated, and downloaded someone else's VMU data from the net. But the data didn't have all the A grades, so the old Sonic 1 level was still not unlocked. Bummer.
I reckon you'd have to spend 6 months of fanatical play to get every emblem. I bet hardly anyone on the planet has genuinely attained all of them.
Wed 30/01/02 at 09:02
Regular
If I lived 50 years ago, before videogames were a twinkle in Atari's eye, I suspect I would have been a Stamp Collector or something just as pointless, because I'm not content until I've unlocked and collected every item or secret from within a game.
It doesn't matter how important or trivial the items are, I always find myself obsessively pursuing them.

This is why a game like Sonic Adventure 2 did my head in.
There was no way (and I darn well knew it) that I was going to collect ALL the Emblems and unlock the 1st level from Sonic 1 (MegaDrive version).
I came tantilizingly close (about 12 Emblems short), but in the end I had to give up dejected and defeated.
God it was painfully difficult: to achieve "A" grades on every mini challenge within every stage was in my opinion near on impossible, not to mention unfair. (I bet they make it easier on the GameCube.)

One good thing to come out of my compulsion to collect every in-game item, however, is that I certainly get my monies worth out of most games.
I can spend hours exploring levels in search of a gem or trying to beat a top score in order to unlock a special vehicle which usually ends up to be practically useless.

I'm beginning to think I'm a bit sad..... but then again, collecting and unlocking stuff from a game is half of the fun, right?
....Isn't it?
Well that's what my imaginary friend tells me.
Anyway, enough of this idle chatter, I've got better things to do, like save and unlock and thus add the "Boy Toy" dancer to the collectable character profiles from level one (extra) on Space Channel 5 - (thanks for the GAD SR).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.