GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Army of the Free Gamer"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 21:10
Regular
Through all the steaming piles of wreckage and console war victims, through towers of old consoles hit by the necessity to sell more units or the results of one marketing mistake, through the mists and fumes of corporate war and the injured soldiers from battle lines of consoles past I make my stand.

From the past to the future I step through the wastes of consoles lost to a whole generation or those that risk being overpowered by those that would seek a single format and the dominance of one gaming name. I travel through the wreckage, helping the injured to see the light and reclaim their dignity, showing those that would seek to harm others that there is an answer beyond their own television screen and bringing the Scart switch box of choice to those in need of multi format reformation.

I hold my flag aloft, for it does not bare one corporate logo, a machine nor a single games character, it bares a single slogan which reads in big, bold letters ‘GAMING RULES’. It stands for the freedom to choose and to experience gaming in its purest form, to hold to those morals and feelings that brought you to the great land of gaming, now split and torn into foreign lands. I battle with the tools that have been familiar to most, but using them for the power of good. I wield my sword of gameplay, my pistols of multi platform release and my shield of second hand gaming markets. Occasionally I call for the power of multi-region gaming when the battle gets rough, but the masses need only the sight given to them by my freedom movement.

While others fight the fight, inspired or hypnotised by the headless generals who enforce their console’s power over the global gaming public, I ask you to join my army of the free gamer and renounce your single gaming format ways. Be free to express your love of gaming on any platform while the bombs of commerce drop and the formats fold like cards in the wind. Be free to shout from the smouldering roof of gaming dead and gone, to revive the spirit of the consoles lost to a consumer hungry generation, but to accept the products of a gaming future with open arms and a beating heart.

Join the Army of the Free Gamer now and prepare to battle the evil of the single format demons that infest the world with console wars and injure those that would once stand proud, for I wish to know that I do not stand alone.
Sat 02/02/02 at 14:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
*holds up hands*

Who wants what?
Sat 02/02/02 at 14:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes Meka, here, take my worthless earnings.
Sat 02/02/02 at 14:29
Regular
"not dead"
I'll join.

But could you send me a PS2, you know, just so I don't look like I stick only to Nintendo.

And some games.

Ta.
Sat 02/02/02 at 14:17
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> I don't continually slate Nintendo because I hate Nintendo, y'know... because I
> don't.

WE know that you don't REALLY hate Nintendo.
But the way you go on at them I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking otherwise.

You might think that I hate the GT series, and other "realistic" driving sims that take the "game" out of Racing Game, by the way I have a go at them.

And you'd be right. I do hate them. I find them as boring as hell! :-D
Fri 01/02/02 at 23:51
Regular
Heh, Pokemon Master.
Fri 01/02/02 at 23:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I don't continually slate Nintendo because I hate Nintendo, y'know... because I don't.
Fri 01/02/02 at 23:16
Regular
Yeah, I know you HAD an N64, but no one would believe that you did having seen the way you continually slate Nintendo!

I thought that you were an idiot until you let slip about the Pokemon master thing. Then I realised that there was a gamer underneath that "I'm too grown up for Nintendo" exterior.

Great games rule no matter the graphical style!
Fri 01/02/02 at 23:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Strafex wrote:
> If we can "re-educate" Turbonutter (I never would've guessed that this
> guy had touched a Nintendo machine, let alone be a Pokemon master...), who could
> possibly stand in our way?

I'd like to see you try!

(By the way, I once had an N64)
Fri 01/02/02 at 23:01
Regular
"699 days!"
Goatboy wrote:
> Nintendo is rubbish.

Any particular reason?

Many the great price... or howw about the best controller... or is it the extensive launch line up and great future games that's bugging you?
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:32
Regular
If we can "re-educate" Turbonutter (I never would've guessed that this guy had touched a Nintendo machine, let alone be a Pokemon master...), who could possibly stand in our way?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.