GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STOP! Hammer Time!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/01/03 at 16:15
Regular
If you was hip in the early 90's, they'll be lots of things you'll have been into - The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and break dancing being some of them. If you were TRULY hip though, there is one name that will have you jumping to your CD collection to try and grasp at the distant memory of your youth - MC Hammer.

He had it all - girls, cars, money - He reportedly made $10 million, and he was headed for legendary status. When Gangster rap came in to fashion, however, MC Hammer went out. With the amount of money he'd made, you'd had thought he'd have been okay, but, unfortunately, he blew it all on a house and employing his homies from the hood. A few months fter 'You can't touch this' he was back to being a normal guy.

Wouldn't it be great if he made an appearance in a game though? If the Hammer came back with a game to blow your mind away. Thanks to me and my mate Mario (please, no laughing, his grandparents are Italian), this could just be coming true, and YOU may be frantically looking around your local Special Reserve store for a copy of this.

But what is the premise of the game? Well, Hammer is planning on making a comeback - He's recorded a great new album, bteer than his last and bound to be a hit. He's got all the marketing ready, and all he needs is one final ingredient - His parachute pants. With the last $10,000 he had, Hammer vowed to make a comeback, and do so in a pair of pants made with gold threads. MC goes to his safe to find - SHOCK HORROR! - His pants have been stolen.

From there you take on Hammer, as he fights to get his pants back and put the stealer back in his rightfule place.

Your 'tutorial', so to speak, is finding out who stole the pants. You find out, from a note on the floor, that a guard saw the man stealing them, but he has been kidknapped and put in a warehouse. You must find him and get him to tell you the information.

But how do you defeat the hordes of people stopping you from freeing this Afro-American guard? Famed for his 'Funky' moves, Hammer must breakdance his way through, having a dance off with any enemies he encounters. You start off with only old fashioned moves - REAL old fashioned. The electric slide and the moonwalk are you two 'specials - you see what I mean by OLD?

Thankfully, the thugs who are hiding the guard captive aren't good dancers, and rarely do anything than put there hands in the air and jump about.

After saving the guard, who used to be a roadie for MC Hammer, he teaches you some crucial moves, like the head spin, just to get you going. Also, he tells you that it was Vanilla Ice who stole the pants, after he himself planned a comeback to fame, and wants to use the fantastic pants for his own evil.

From then on you're left to dance it out for yourself, with progressively harder villians who, once you defeat, teach you new steps, in order for you to progress.

Yes, it all sounds a bit inane, but it does have a gimmick. All of you who played Max payne will know 'Bullet Time', but what if the MC Hammer game had 'Hammer Time'? You could slow down dance moves, giving you more time to think about your dance moves and which ones to pull off.

Another Idea is that you could pull off special moves when a bar has filled up - A'la Tony Hawks. you could even get points for your moves, which could be another THPS rip - off, but culd add a lot more diversity to the game, like having to get a certain amount of point in a time limit, or having to dance on 'off limit' areas, like high rise window ledges.

The game could take place in Hammers old mansion, which 'Ice' had taken over for his own evil, just to make it a whole lot more sinister.

The game could have a free roaming aspect to it as well, just like GTA - You can pull off dance moves in front of people in the street, and scare them away, getting Bad Brothers and Homies to try and Dance you away, which also adds a lot of reply value to the game.

In all, it could be a great game. A truly great game. I think Nintendo should take it up. Yes I do.

I'll Call it 'MC Hammer and the quest for the Golden Pants'. I thank you.

Idlewild
Sun 12/01/03 at 14:55
Regular
"Festivus!"
POP! For the post and the forum!
Fri 10/01/03 at 16:36
Regular
Yay! Well done :-)
Wed 08/01/03 at 20:12
Regular
"The World is Dead"
Whoa slow down boy. you mean you want ma pants no way get your own.
beast of an idea.
Wed 08/01/03 at 16:54
Regular
Sounds pants :-)

Nice post
Wed 08/01/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I want that game, very much so.
Wed 08/01/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Festivus!"
If you was hip in the early 90's, they'll be lots of things you'll have been into - The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and break dancing being some of them. If you were TRULY hip though, there is one name that will have you jumping to your CD collection to try and grasp at the distant memory of your youth - MC Hammer.

He had it all - girls, cars, money - He reportedly made $10 million, and he was headed for legendary status. When Gangster rap came in to fashion, however, MC Hammer went out. With the amount of money he'd made, you'd had thought he'd have been okay, but, unfortunately, he blew it all on a house and employing his homies from the hood. A few months fter 'You can't touch this' he was back to being a normal guy.

Wouldn't it be great if he made an appearance in a game though? If the Hammer came back with a game to blow your mind away. Thanks to me and my mate Mario (please, no laughing, his grandparents are Italian), this could just be coming true, and YOU may be frantically looking around your local Special Reserve store for a copy of this.

But what is the premise of the game? Well, Hammer is planning on making a comeback - He's recorded a great new album, bteer than his last and bound to be a hit. He's got all the marketing ready, and all he needs is one final ingredient - His parachute pants. With the last $10,000 he had, Hammer vowed to make a comeback, and do so in a pair of pants made with gold threads. MC goes to his safe to find - SHOCK HORROR! - His pants have been stolen.

From there you take on Hammer, as he fights to get his pants back and put the stealer back in his rightfule place.

Your 'tutorial', so to speak, is finding out who stole the pants. You find out, from a note on the floor, that a guard saw the man stealing them, but he has been kidknapped and put in a warehouse. You must find him and get him to tell you the information.

But how do you defeat the hordes of people stopping you from freeing this Afro-American guard? Famed for his 'Funky' moves, Hammer must breakdance his way through, having a dance off with any enemies he encounters. You start off with only old fashioned moves - REAL old fashioned. The electric slide and the moonwalk are you two 'specials - you see what I mean by OLD?

Thankfully, the thugs who are hiding the guard captive aren't good dancers, and rarely do anything than put there hands in the air and jump about.

After saving the guard, who used to be a roadie for MC Hammer, he teaches you some crucial moves, like the head spin, just to get you going. Also, he tells you that it was Vanilla Ice who stole the pants, after he himself planned a comeback to fame, and wants to use the fantastic pants for his own evil.

From then on you're left to dance it out for yourself, with progressively harder villians who, once you defeat, teach you new steps, in order for you to progress.

Yes, it all sounds a bit inane, but it does have a gimmick. All of you who played Max payne will know 'Bullet Time', but what if the MC Hammer game had 'Hammer Time'? You could slow down dance moves, giving you more time to think about your dance moves and which ones to pull off.

Another Idea is that you could pull off special moves when a bar has filled up - A'la Tony Hawks. you could even get points for your moves, which could be another THPS rip - off, but culd add a lot more diversity to the game, like having to get a certain amount of point in a time limit, or having to dance on 'off limit' areas, like high rise window ledges.

The game could take place in Hammers old mansion, which 'Ice' had taken over for his own evil, just to make it a whole lot more sinister.

The game could have a free roaming aspect to it as well, just like GTA - You can pull off dance moves in front of people in the street, and scare them away, getting Bad Brothers and Homies to try and Dance you away, which also adds a lot of reply value to the game.

In all, it could be a great game. A truly great game. I think Nintendo should take it up. Yes I do.

I'll Call it 'MC Hammer and the quest for the Golden Pants'. I thank you.

Idlewild

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.