GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"dreamcast, help sort of needed..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 14:42
Regular
ok, I bought a dreamcast yesterday, yes I know *shock! horror* but anyway it was £50 new with 4 games, all of the games work perfectly except occaisionally when I boot up Sonic Adventure (1) it just loads up the DC menu (with the options Play, Music, Options, Memory card) and then I choose Play and it just boots up the same damn menu again!
has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to stop it?

slik ~_~
Wed 30/01/02 at 09:24
Regular
"DS..."
cheers for your feedback guys, it's working fine now, i also got shadowman yesterday (swapped it for some cack footy game) and that works fine as well, not a bad game either. anyway if you have any cheap dreamcast games you want to sell or swap with me, then my e-mail address is below cheers!

[email protected]

slik ~_~
Tue 29/01/02 at 17:37
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
this might happen if the cd is scratched, if u continue to have problems try the utopia boot disc, as wel as import and backups it will help load scratched games
Tue 29/01/02 at 17:13
Buy a better console ?
Tue 29/01/02 at 17:06
Hi Try setting the dreamcast to auto run. If not my mate washes his crazy taxi game to get it working!
Tue 29/01/02 at 16:40
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Don't bother booting up Sonic Adventure, get Jet Set Radio and play that all the
> time.

Good advice if I may say so. Jet Set Radio is a million, nay a trillion times better than Sonic Adventure.
Tue 29/01/02 at 14:51
Regular
"I confused?"
Get house of the dead with two guns.
Tue 29/01/02 at 14:50
Regular
"DS..."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Don't bother booting up Sonic Adventure, get Jet Set Radio and play that all the
> time.

hmm, good point think i might like to play sonic adventure for a while yet though... allthough I did pick up shadowman new for £3.00 new today.
slik ~_~
Tue 29/01/02 at 14:50
Regular
"I confused?"
Ahem... you got that wrong tilt smash sonic adventure and then play jet set radio.
Tue 29/01/02 at 14:49
Regular
Don't bother booting up Sonic Adventure, get Jet Set Radio and play that all the time.
Tue 29/01/02 at 14:47
Regular
"DS..."
jimmy duck wrote:
> You go to the clock and set the date and the time. Bingo!!

really? but the date and time is allready set? oh well i'll try that, anyone else got any other methods while i'm at it?
slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.