GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to "consolify" your PC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/01/03 at 21:31
Regular
My budget is too low to own both a PC and a console (not to mention buying games for two platforms), so I decided to make a console out of my computer (legaly, without any emulators).

What you need is a graphics card with TV-Out connector, a TV (naturally), Good games, and a gamepad or two.

I connected the computer to the TV, and used a wireless gamepad so I could play from my comfortable couch. (I have the logitech cordless wingman gamepad, and I think of maybe getting this one too : http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/info.php?code=GG4341 )

So far, I tried it with the demo of Bloodrayne and Metal Gear Solid.

and it works great !

Generally it seems that games which are conversions from consoles are better looking on a TV (and the text in them is readable in low-res display), and work better with gamepads.

Now I'm looking for games for two players, that can be played with two gamepads. Maybe I should try some sport games, of fighting games.

If you have a PC, and no console, you should try it out. You won't be disappointed (I hope).

Raviv
Thu 09/01/03 at 11:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I have 2 consoles and a PC, though I'm soon to upgrade to a brand new computer. I love having both, although I'll always be a PC gamer more than a console one, mainly because I love stratagy and FPS games and they can only really be done best on the PC.

It's good having both though, as there are some quality games on consoles right now that you wouldn't find on a PC.
Wed 08/01/03 at 22:07
Regular
"oaps.org"
sell it to some mug for about 500 quid and buy yourself three new consoles that'd be my choice
Wed 08/01/03 at 21:31
My budget is too low to own both a PC and a console (not to mention buying games for two platforms), so I decided to make a console out of my computer (legaly, without any emulators).

What you need is a graphics card with TV-Out connector, a TV (naturally), Good games, and a gamepad or two.

I connected the computer to the TV, and used a wireless gamepad so I could play from my comfortable couch. (I have the logitech cordless wingman gamepad, and I think of maybe getting this one too : http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/info.php?code=GG4341 )

So far, I tried it with the demo of Bloodrayne and Metal Gear Solid.

and it works great !

Generally it seems that games which are conversions from consoles are better looking on a TV (and the text in them is readable in low-res display), and work better with gamepads.

Now I'm looking for games for two players, that can be played with two gamepads. Maybe I should try some sport games, of fighting games.

If you have a PC, and no console, you should try it out. You won't be disappointed (I hope).

Raviv

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.