GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Irrational Fear Of Bosses"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 12:16
Regular
Maybe I'm just being soft in the head, but certain end of level Bosses send into a mild panic.

Take for instance the Boss at the end of Resident Evil Code: Veronica.
When I first encountered this damned monstrosity I thought: "I'm never gonna beat this son of a b***h!"
There I was hopelessly trying to move around a confined space whilst its tentacles and other niggling so-and-sos ate away at my character's energy.
I can remember the controller becoming slippery in my hands as my palms began to sweat.
I kept saying to myself: "It doesn't matter, it's only a game!"
But nevertheless my anxiety level kept rising.
God knows how many tries it took me to beat the bloody thing.
It drove me up the wall - so much so that I never played the game again.
In fact, I part-exchanged the game the very next day.

Ever since the above experience, every time I encounter a Boss my heart-rate quickens and my mind is thrown into a tailspin.
Do you think it's bad for my health?
I especially dislike fighting Bosses in confined areas, and seeing that most Boss battles take place in small arena-type places, I'm beginning to think that I'm doomed.
Maybe I should consider hypnotherapy?

Anyway, all this talk of Bosses has dragged up some best forgotten memories and made me feel a little queasy, so I'll stop and go for a lie down in a darkened room.
Tue 29/01/02 at 16:30
Regular
Strafex wrote:
Once you've beaten them a couple of
> times, the effect wears out.

I know. My doc's given me a hypnotherapy tape called "How To Conquer The Irrational Fear Of Bosses" - so with that and my-my-my-my anti-nervy pills I should be alright.
Tue 29/01/02 at 14:09
Regular
Bosses are only scary when they're hard.

Once you've beaten them a couple of times, the effect wears out.
Tue 29/01/02 at 12:25
Regular
"I confused?"
It's damn true, when you see a boss you tend to think "oh fudge, he bigger than me and he's got spiky bits all over".
Tue 29/01/02 at 12:16
Regular
Maybe I'm just being soft in the head, but certain end of level Bosses send into a mild panic.

Take for instance the Boss at the end of Resident Evil Code: Veronica.
When I first encountered this damned monstrosity I thought: "I'm never gonna beat this son of a b***h!"
There I was hopelessly trying to move around a confined space whilst its tentacles and other niggling so-and-sos ate away at my character's energy.
I can remember the controller becoming slippery in my hands as my palms began to sweat.
I kept saying to myself: "It doesn't matter, it's only a game!"
But nevertheless my anxiety level kept rising.
God knows how many tries it took me to beat the bloody thing.
It drove me up the wall - so much so that I never played the game again.
In fact, I part-exchanged the game the very next day.

Ever since the above experience, every time I encounter a Boss my heart-rate quickens and my mind is thrown into a tailspin.
Do you think it's bad for my health?
I especially dislike fighting Bosses in confined areas, and seeing that most Boss battles take place in small arena-type places, I'm beginning to think that I'm doomed.
Maybe I should consider hypnotherapy?

Anyway, all this talk of Bosses has dragged up some best forgotten memories and made me feel a little queasy, so I'll stop and go for a lie down in a darkened room.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.