GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreal 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal 2'.
Thu 09/01/03 at 15:09
Regular
The official website (unreal2.com) was relaunched yesterday, movie, screenshots etc etc
The game looks great, just hope it lives upto the hype, was supposed to be reviewed in this months PC Zone mag but was put back to the next issue, good or bad sign ??
I've pre-ordered, roll on 7th February.
Fri 10/01/03 at 12:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
§n][pe® wrote:
> The man with no name wrote:
> Unreal 2, Doom 3, Quake 4, Halo etc etc, 2003 is definitely the year
> of the PC FPS
>
> FPS sequels year o.O

And what’s wrong with those sequels in particular?

The original Unreal seemed like nothing more than a technology test demo for the then very powerful Unreal engine. The game itself was pretty basic in comparison to other FPS out at the same time. Unreal 2 will be redressing the balance with not only a vastly improved game engine, but also an amazing sounding single player game, which is already getting lots praise.

The last Doom game was released years ago, so a sequel has been long over due. Allot has happened since the old days of 2D sprites and basic game-play of the old Doom FPS generation, so Doom 3 will be, despite the "3" in it's title, a whole new game for a whole new generation of gamers.

And Quake 4, though I doubt will be released this year, will completely different to the past 3 games. Well maybe not completely different, but whereas the single player mode in quake games has always been an undeveloped side of the game, Q4 will be concentrating allot more in that area.

Sequels yes, but far from the basic updates most game sequels are accustomed to these days.
Thu 09/01/03 at 20:03
Regular
The man with no name wrote:
> Unreal 2, Doom 3, Quake 4, Halo etc etc, 2003 is definitely the year
> of the PC FPS

FPS sequels year o.O
Thu 09/01/03 at 17:21
Regular
"That's right!"
I might get Unreal 2 with my GAD win. Much preferred Unreal Tournament over Unreal all those years ago (had both) but I wasn't too impressed with UT2003, thought it was too similar to UT. However, Unreal 2 looks great, much improved over Unreal, so it should be good
Thu 09/01/03 at 17:17
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Unreal 2, Doom 3, Quake 4, Halo etc etc, 2003 is definitely the year of the PC FPS
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm downloading the video now, and all that I've seen and heard of the game so far, it could be one of the big hits of 2003.
Thu 09/01/03 at 15:09
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
The official website (unreal2.com) was relaunched yesterday, movie, screenshots etc etc
The game looks great, just hope it lives upto the hype, was supposed to be reviewed in this months PC Zone mag but was put back to the next issue, good or bad sign ??
I've pre-ordered, roll on 7th February.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.