GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where will Gamecub fit in?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 11:05
Regular
Gamecube will hit the streets on May 5th.
Or it might be the 3rd, I forget now and can’t be bothered to check.

This means that simple minded folk in the UK can finally experience the joy of more Mario games, some rubbish about wizards and a game with a big vegetarian Dragon.
But why the wait?
Tetsuo Bodyhammer, chief exec of Nintendo Europe offered the following explanation as to why the Europe has had to wait for so long:
“Be quiet, you very bad man. 5 dollar sucky sucky”

With the Xbox being launched on March 15th, almost 2 months before the Gamecube, Microsoft seem to be relying on the fact that their history with PCs means that grown-ups will have already spent their money on the best console since the last one, leaving screaming children and gurning windowlickers to attempt shoplifting in an attempt to get their mitten on the Gamecube.
Perhaps this is the reason the console is so small, to enable school children and urchins to stuff them down their filthy rags and run out of Mothercare with their prize.

For the simple fact of preventing theft by children, Microsoft are the clear winners here, with the Xbox to heavy to lift by anyone other than adults and freakishly strong children, perhaps those endowed with super-powers from an accident in the chemistry labs at school.
Sony follow up close behind, but instead of size they rely on angular corners to deter thieving pikey children with marmite smeared faces and roving packs of Alsations as back-up.
The Dreamcast combated the problem of scallywag kid robbers by deleting itself merely months after launching, thereby utterly removing the possibility to taking it to “Cheque Converters”, a haven for selling stolen goods and cheap jewellery to buy gear.

So with the PS2 lurching into it’s potential, some 14 months after release and the Xbox preparing to whup all they ass, what does Gamecube have planned to surprise a weary and suspicious public?
More of the same.
John Creese, of the infamous Kobra Kai shouted “There shall be no fear in my Dojo!” until he had fostered a psychopathic army of black-clad karate warriors. After they had pulped Daniel-San and triggered a burning need for revenge, they took to the headquarters of Nintendo and demanded fighting games with realistic face-shaking karate finishing moves.
Tetsuo Bodyhammer responded to this ninja-game demand with “This Nintendo. Fighty games bad. We do fighty games, but will be clay people or squirrels. We protect family image. Me love you long time”

So turning to 3rd party developers, Nintendo intend to bend the trend and end or fend the end.
With Sony making cool games about snowboarding and survival horror games for cool Gen X players, and Microsoft aiming for the already friendly PC market, one wonders where Nintendo are hoping they will fit into the market.
A target group of Nintendo supporters were panelled on their opinions, and the results were predictable:

I think this best console ever
Can you open my milk please?
I like chips
I ate my crayon

So, as May the whatever loom closer, and all other consoles on the market and doing well with word of mouth keeping sales steady, what is the future for Nintendo?
I couldn’t care less, because 3 girls were comparing boob sizes and touching each other in the kitchen earlier, you go play video games mate, I’m off for another break.
Tue 29/01/02 at 11:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Gamecube will hit the streets on May 5th.
Or it might be the 3rd, I forget now and can’t be bothered to check.

This means that simple minded folk in the UK can finally experience the joy of more Mario games, some rubbish about wizards and a game with a big vegetarian Dragon.
But why the wait?
Tetsuo Bodyhammer, chief exec of Nintendo Europe offered the following explanation as to why the Europe has had to wait for so long:
“Be quiet, you very bad man. 5 dollar sucky sucky”

With the Xbox being launched on March 15th, almost 2 months before the Gamecube, Microsoft seem to be relying on the fact that their history with PCs means that grown-ups will have already spent their money on the best console since the last one, leaving screaming children and gurning windowlickers to attempt shoplifting in an attempt to get their mitten on the Gamecube.
Perhaps this is the reason the console is so small, to enable school children and urchins to stuff them down their filthy rags and run out of Mothercare with their prize.

For the simple fact of preventing theft by children, Microsoft are the clear winners here, with the Xbox to heavy to lift by anyone other than adults and freakishly strong children, perhaps those endowed with super-powers from an accident in the chemistry labs at school.
Sony follow up close behind, but instead of size they rely on angular corners to deter thieving pikey children with marmite smeared faces and roving packs of Alsations as back-up.
The Dreamcast combated the problem of scallywag kid robbers by deleting itself merely months after launching, thereby utterly removing the possibility to taking it to “Cheque Converters”, a haven for selling stolen goods and cheap jewellery to buy gear.

So with the PS2 lurching into it’s potential, some 14 months after release and the Xbox preparing to whup all they ass, what does Gamecube have planned to surprise a weary and suspicious public?
More of the same.
John Creese, of the infamous Kobra Kai shouted “There shall be no fear in my Dojo!” until he had fostered a psychopathic army of black-clad karate warriors. After they had pulped Daniel-San and triggered a burning need for revenge, they took to the headquarters of Nintendo and demanded fighting games with realistic face-shaking karate finishing moves.
Tetsuo Bodyhammer responded to this ninja-game demand with “This Nintendo. Fighty games bad. We do fighty games, but will be clay people or squirrels. We protect family image. Me love you long time”

So turning to 3rd party developers, Nintendo intend to bend the trend and end or fend the end.
With Sony making cool games about snowboarding and survival horror games for cool Gen X players, and Microsoft aiming for the already friendly PC market, one wonders where Nintendo are hoping they will fit into the market.
A target group of Nintendo supporters were panelled on their opinions, and the results were predictable:

I think this best console ever
Can you open my milk please?
I like chips
I ate my crayon

So, as May the whatever loom closer, and all other consoles on the market and doing well with word of mouth keeping sales steady, what is the future for Nintendo?
I couldn’t care less, because 3 girls were comparing boob sizes and touching each other in the kitchen earlier, you go play video games mate, I’m off for another break.
Tue 29/01/02 at 11:14
Regular
"not dead"
The Kobra Kai are cool.

I'm playing Blast Corps at home at the moment. It rules. Smash stuff wiv truck. Nintendo's market is for those that like Nintendo games.

Blast Corps rules, except when you have to move boats, but you didn't know where the boats were, so you wander around for a bit then the big truck go smashy-smashy.

Me want Gamecube to play some games like 'Big Truck Smashy 2'.
Tue 29/01/02 at 11:17
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
The european release date for Gamecube would best of been either a month before or a month after Xbox, in my opininon.
Tue 29/01/02 at 11:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Meka Dragon wrote:

Me want Gamecube to play some games like 'Big Truck Smashy
> 2'.

Blastcorps was the one game I loved.
I liked getting the A Team van and Starsky & Hutch car.
But the one with the train made me cry with anger red-faced hurty bad.
Tue 29/01/02 at 11:23
Regular
"not dead"
Goatboy wrote:

But the one with the train made me cry
> with anger red-faced hurty bad.

The train is gay.

There's one level that if it's not in exactly the right place, you can't get in the car on the back of it.

It took me about 5 goes to realise I could get in the crane, and use it to move stuff on another level. D'oh.
Tue 29/01/02 at 12:18
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Perhaps the whole GC design revolves around it's theft ability? Small for kids to lift, handle for easy pillagary, lovely shade of blue, you could almosy walk out with one like a handbag!
Tue 29/01/02 at 12:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That's all I'm saying
Wed 18/01/12 at 21:15
Evenin........

The consensus is for a jolly around Worsthorne this coming Sunday.

Meet at the Hurstwood car park for 9am.
See the website for the car park details.

For those that aren't too sure about the directions, meet at the round-a-bout at junction 9 M65 at 08:30am

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.