GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox laughable Japan hardware sales."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/01/03 at 13:29
Regular
Oh dear Oh dear, if MS is really serious about becoming a big player in the console market then it better get Japan (the largest user base in the world) on board and quick.

2002 was not a good year for MS in Japan the Xbox has taken all year to sell the same amount of units as the PS2 does in 2 weeks, not only that the response to the Xbox has been so lacklustre that they have surplous stock and have re-imported controllers to sell back in the US.
Fri 10/01/03 at 13:29
Regular
Oh dear Oh dear, if MS is really serious about becoming a big player in the console market then it better get Japan (the largest user base in the world) on board and quick.

2002 was not a good year for MS in Japan the Xbox has taken all year to sell the same amount of units as the PS2 does in 2 weeks, not only that the response to the Xbox has been so lacklustre that they have surplous stock and have re-imported controllers to sell back in the US.
Fri 10/01/03 at 13:34
"slightlyshortertagl"
we all knew that.
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:11
Regular
*sigh*

Japan is not as important a market as everyone thinks it is.

The MegaDrive did absolutely crap there to start off with, but as Western support was so high, the Jap developers got on board, and so the machine eventually took off in Japan.

Microsoft already has the biggest Jap developers on board, Sega, Capcom etc, so I really don't see what the fuss is about. Bearing in mind Famitsu gave Panzer Dragoon Orta 38/40, and the fact that a Jap MMORPG is being released for the launch of Xbox Live in Japan, I suspect we'll see sales figures rise soon enough...
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:16
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Japan are important because they make Chinnese sugar cookies,

^^^^^^^^^^
Find the mistake in the sentence.................yip that's right I put a comma instead of a period at the end. Clever
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:26
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Little Japanese people don't like things that are too big.

The new XBox pad is a lot smaller, so that might help.

If not, I wonder if I'll care?
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:28
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
So....anyone up for tennis?
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:28
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Drunk Cow wrote:
> Japan are important because they make Chinnese sugar cookies,
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^
> Find the mistake in the sentence.................yip that's right I
> put a comma instead of a period at the end. Clever

Ah... I thought it was that the third word needed a couple of letters changing. My mistake.
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Long time no see!"
But Europe must be something like 5-times-bigger than the whole of Japan... So how can it be the largest user-base in the world??

It seems that not everyone can be brought into it by Bill Gates then... :)
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:36
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
VenomByte wrote:
> Drunk Cow wrote:
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^
>
>
> Ah... I thought it was that the third word needed a couple of letters
> changing. My mistake.

Yes. Your worng.

"looks smug"
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Drunk Cow wrote:
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^

Period..... What on earth is a period? I think that's what I would call a fullstop....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.