GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 2 Help Please"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2'.
Sat 11/01/03 at 10:36
Regular
Got this game for X-Mas, and I've been stuck on this mission/level for quite a while now. It's the Hidden Vally, I don't have a clue what to do or where to go. Some help would go down a treat.

Thanks
Sun 12/01/03 at 14:11
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Lombardo wrote:
> What is your favourite mission? The Tracking Hayamoto mission is the
> most spy-like, as you can just feed the target poison in a dish. There
> are some cool office missions later in the game as well. The hospital
> mission is also one of the best.

I have not completed the game yet i had finished the last japenese mission and then stopped playing the game because i got Conflict: Desert Storm so far i think the best is the mafia mission or the St Petersburg stakeout.
Sun 12/01/03 at 14:09
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Lombardo wrote:
> What is your favourite mission? The Tracking Hayamoto mission is the
> most spy-like, as you can just feed the target poison in a dish. There
> are some cool office missions later in the game as well. The hospital
> mission is also one of the best.

I have not completed the game yet i had finished the last japenese mission and then stopped playing the game because i got Conflict: Desert Storm so far i think the best is the mafia mission or the St Petersburg stakeout.
Sun 12/01/03 at 11:16
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
What is your favourite mission? The Tracking Hayamoto mission is the most spy-like, as you can just feed the target poison in a dish. There are some cool office missions later in the game as well. The hospital mission is also one of the best.
Sat 11/01/03 at 15:40
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
ReDdY˛°°3 wrote:
> Got this game for X-Mas, and I've been stuck on this mission/level for
> quite a while now. It's the Hidden Vally, I don't have a clue what to
> do or where to go. Some help would go down a treat.
>
> Thanks

I have got part of a walkthrough i use to help you hope you find it useful.

Tips-
1. Disguises are quite as useful, They keep the snipers off you.
2. The guards here all walk REALLY slow, and look around quite a bit while they patrol.
3. This mission sucks.

Bugs-
I'm sure there's bugs on other missions, but they don't completely ruin the game play
quite as much as they do on this mission.

1. Sometimes the trucks run over the guards in the tunnel. No, really. Stop laughing!
I'm being serious here! You'll know it's happened if you get a message like, "guards
are alerted!" instead of, "nearby guards are alerted!" or if they find a body and you
haven't killed anyone. Oh, guess what? Those kills count against you. Fun, eh?

2. When a guard shouts for you to stop, he won't seem to notice if you don't, and will
walk to where you were and check your ID, no matter how far away you are. He will then
figure out you're a round eye, even if your round eyes are 50 feet away and around a
corner. If you get away from a guard while this is going on, it's only counted as a
"close call" rather than an alert. They're so stuck in this routine, you can even wait
til they walk up to you, walk around behind 'em and drug 'em. You know it's a well
built level when exploiting bugs is the only way to beat it.

FIRST CHALLENGE- Getting a disguise
------------------------------------------
Frankly, I wish there was an invisibility cheat. I'd just tell you to use it and be
done with this piece of crap before it ruins your impression of the game.

In the absence of one, however, run over to the equipment cache. You'll notice a
guard here. If you start sneaking from behind the wall the instant he turns around,
you can overtake him, and wire/drug/knife him. Take his clothes, but leave his gun.

Grab the crossbow, nightvision, and bolts.

Now, check out the map of the tunnel. See in the middle, where there's a bunch of guys
hanging around in the road? That's a checkpoint. If you're in there when the truck goes
by, you'll be caught in the search, however, past that checkpoint, the truck is a free
ride to the end of the level. See the ladder from the surface? Reaching that is your
goal. On the surface map, that ladder is at the end of the small valley to the far
south, with one guard at the entrance of the valley.

SECOND CHALLENGE- Part one
--------------------------------
METHOD A- above ground
Run toward the valley, ignoring the first, closest ladder. It doesn't really go
anywhere useful. Ahead, you should see 3 ninjas a-ways off to the right, and one
patrolling nearby to the left. Stay in the trees as long as you can, and then when the
guy to the left has his back to you, bolt for the next ladder area. He'll probably see
you and tell you to stop, but if you're quick, you'll be behind the next structure
before it escalates into a full scale alarm.

I haven't been able to get around that guy without either setting him off or shooting.

METHOD B- trucking
Run back to the beginning, and stick to the trees to avoid being spotted. Climb in the
back of the truck when it comes up. Stay hidden in the back of the truck until the
stop right before the checkpoint, then hop out and hide behind a pillar. Nearby is a
ladder up to the surface with one guard. Sneak into the ladder area. If you're lucky,
you can follow the guard until you catch up with him and drug him. Shooting him works
fine too. Head up the ladder. This should put you at the entrance to the little valley.

THIRD CHALLENGE- Part two
--------------------------------
As long as you have a disguise, the snipers won't bother you here, so all you have to
worry about is the guard in the entrance to the valley. If you keep the trees between
you and him, its actually pretty easy to get around him undetected. Shooting him works
too. Run to the end of the valley, and start to head down the ladder. Check the map to
make sure the guy below isn't in the room you're about to drop into, and head down.

The guard near this ladder is your last real obstacle. Follow him and drug him, or
just sneak out into the tunnel. Shooting him works too.

Once here, watch out for the truck, and climb into the back of the one headed towards
the end of the level. Stay hidden behind the boxes, and the truck will eventually take
you all the way out the other end. Bail out of the truck, and run to the exit. Do a
little happy dance.

SILENT ASSASSIN
---------------
You're allowed 1 kill, 1 shot, 1 close-call, and-or 1 alert. How you spend them is up
to you. It can be done easily enough. My personal best involved drugging the first guy,
(for the costume) riding the truck for a while, drugging the guy by the 2nd ladder,
sneaking past the guy in the valley, and sneaking past the guy by the other ladder. No
kills. No alerts or close-calls. Of course, this is dependant on whether or not any of
the ninjas get hit by trucks. *eyeroll* Your biggest problem getting SA (aside from the
bugs) is probably keeping down the number of close-calls rather than having to kill too
many people.

LOOT
----
Crossbow-Better take it. It's helpful on the next missions.

SMG-SD6-A cool weapon, but unfortunately made less useful but the size of the sound suppresser, which makes it act as a rifle. IE it can't be hidden and you can only carry one. Wait til later to take one.

Custom W2000- A great rifle to be sure. Sometimes you can make the snipers drop it,if you're lucky. However, the crossbow is useful next level. Take it instead. You can get a rifle later.

*Taken from GameFAQs.com written by Gareth Bowler*
Sat 11/01/03 at 14:14
Check out ukwalkthroughs.com

Theres a long walkthrough for Hitman 2 on there... check it out... might help?

Why?
Sat 11/01/03 at 10:45
Regular
"Party Hard"
Yeah that mission is horribly difficult. I'm currently working on a walkthrough which should be posted at SR within about 2 weeks. If you can't wait that long go to www.gamewinners.com- there are guides for practically every game ever there.
Sat 11/01/03 at 10:36
Regular
"Bobba you"
Got this game for X-Mas, and I've been stuck on this mission/level for quite a while now. It's the Hidden Vally, I don't have a clue what to do or where to go. Some help would go down a treat.

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.