GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Mario Kart GC Ideas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Sat 11/01/03 at 16:21
Regular
Mario Kart, there’s been more of them than there have been sets of keys that I’ve lost. They’ve been on different consoles, all Nintendo of course. But now Mario Kart GC is being made, I wondered what would be on the game. There’s gonna be all the old courses, or at least I hope there will be. But I wonder if there will be any new modes, or maybe a few mini-games.

I had Super Monkey Ball for a day, and then took it back. But the game did have a really good mode, Monkey Fight. They do it in balls, what about karts? You wouldn’t have gloves; instead you would have all your bob standard power-ups. But you would be on special platforms, like skyscrapers with an elevator in the middle of the platform. Then this elevator could go down to another level. So you could hit people off the top of the skyscraper, or you could bash away all of their health by hammering them to pieces.

Gladiator on TimeSplitters 2 was a good idea, but it didn’t really work. This could be in the same mode as the above idea, but with a difference. Rather than trying to kill everyone and anyone, you would have to go for the “Champ”. Not like on ‘Monkey Ball, but the “Champ” would be randomly selected. When you kill the champ, you become the champ. When you are the highlighted player, or the “Champ”, you could get a point for every second that you are highlighted.

Rugby. There’s only a few rugby games on the market, and you have to admit that none of them are “all that”. So, you could have 4 or 5 a side, on a small pitch, and play rugby. To tackle, you would have to hit the kart with the ball, pressing B at the right time. Lineouts could be the same as they are in the real game; you just pass it to a teammate and start the game again. When you have gone past the try line, just press A and score a try. Conversions could be done with a simple power bar, but as it’s Mario Kart, maybe the posts could be in a square shape. So it would be like shooting into a football goal, a lot harder than just shooting between two side posts and a bottom post. The harder the difficulty, the smaller the goal and the harder it is to tackle people. You should also be able to fumble the ball, and then the ball could be picked up by driving over it.

Indoor football. It would be simple really. Drive into the ball to hit it. The goals could be like they are on Fußball games, and it could be 4 or 5 on each team like before. There wouldn’t be any problems when tackling someone, ‘coz you can’t dribble with the ball anyway. You could have goalies that are attached to a pole, so they can only move left and right. The goalies would also have big hands, just to add to the humour. You wouldn’t be able to go into the semi-circle that surrounds the goal. If you are a defender and you do, you give away a penalty. If you are an attacker and you go in the area, the ball is given to the goalie. Different drivers and their karts could have special skills. Bowser’s kart should be a tad wider than the other karts, and Yoshi’s should be a little bit faster.

The Kartlympics. The characters battle it out in an athletics competition. Long jump, Hurdles, Swimming and Shot put are only a few of the events that the characters have to take part in. Well, maybe the Kart-put, Kurdles, Kart stroke the Kart jump? Anyway, to do the long jump event, you just keep pressing A as fast as you can, and when you get to one line, 5 metres before the final line, you hold B until you get the angel that you desire. Different angels will allow you to jump further; so don’t go too low or too high. The hurdle event is also very simple, you just keep pressing A to sprint, and press B when you need to jump the hurdle. The swimming event, or Kart stroke, is also really easy to play. Jump in the water when you hear the gun bang by pressing B, and keep pressing A to turn your kart propeller. When you get to the end of the lane, your kart will automatically turn around and hit the wall. When your kart hits the wall, press B to boost off of the wall and continue to press A until you reach the end of the race. Kart-put, our long put event, is a tad harder than the rest. Press B to activate the ball, and it will drop down from a mechanical hand. Hold A to power up your kart, and when the ball reaches the line that is on your screen, release A and your kart will zoom out. Your kart will hit the ball, so let go of A at the right time to hit the ball the furthest.

Well, that’s all the mini-games that I can think of that wouldn’t be too similar to other mini-games, but I also had another idea. Yes, a lot of you have already said it, and may be saying it in your head at the mo’. Create-a-track. You get to make the simple track, adding jumps and bumps wherever you please. But then you can also make tracks or areas for my first two ideas, the kart battle. You could make the area whatever shape you want, adding barriers when and where you want to. But you could make the areas multi-layered. You could have barrier-less stairways or ramps, making it risky for two or more karts two go over the ramp at the same time.

Well, all my ideas are what you have just read, but I really can’t wait for Mario Kart’s release. I’ve never owned one of the games, but I’ve had a lot of fun playing them ‘round my friends’ house. I’m sure you will have a few ideas of your own, so why not post them and share them with us.

Thanks for reading,
Benny Bishy.
Sat 18/01/03 at 20:41
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Yeah, upgrading your car was what i liked so much about the GT series. Someone won GAD1 a while back with an idea where you upgraded a boy racer car, which is simialr to a kart, in some ways :D

Now, don't take the mick, but Lego Racers was actually a really good game. You could actualy build your own car, and put weapons on it and stuff. I made some really cool cars, which suited their drivers superbly. If you could actually make your own car, making it bigger makes it slower etc., the game would go into a new line and be really good.
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:10
Regular
Mario Kart will be great. I'd like to see some new characters (Link, Fox McCloud, Samus, etc) and some more specific levels and weapons (like Hyrule Field, or Fox's Blaster). Mini games would be great too. Here's a few of my ideas:

Horsing Around
This is set in Lon Lon Ranch, and the players must substitute their Kart for a Horse. It just about works the same as in Ocarina Of Time, except you can grab carrots (for speed) and coins as you race, and jump over the obstacles as you go for more points. At the end, your points are changed into coins.

It would also be really great if Nintendo incorporated a career mode into it. You'd go through different leagues, gain allegiances or grudges with people (something that would kill online) and use coins you've earnt to improve and upgrade your kart. It would give the game a more 'grown-up' feel, and leave us with an all-round deeper outcome.

Whatever happens, Mario Kart GC will rock.
Mon 13/01/03 at 22:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> surely Nintendo have already seen this problem and made the
> only thing you can do is play the game.

anything is hackable.

now theres a idea for my new tag...
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:35
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Foreman wrote:
> Only trouble is, is that somebody could plant some kind of virus.

How would they manage to make viruses on something were you can't write or anything, just play games. I can see where you are coming from, but surely Nintendo have already seen this problem and made the only thing you can do is play the game.
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Let me be the first to beat you Starlight :-D
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:02
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> Mario Kart Online...
>
> Would much people here care if it did?

Yep if other people used it. I'd love to play (and beat) you lot on here, that'll get my ego pumping.
Mon 13/01/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Only trouble is, is that somebody could plant some kind of virus.
Mon 13/01/03 at 19:50
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Yep, I'd love to play other people from around Britain.
Mon 13/01/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Mario Kart Online...

Would much people here care if it did?
Mon 13/01/03 at 19:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Uh-huh.

Indeed.

Ily-doodily.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.