GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ORDERING ON-LINE HAS PROBLEMS!!!!!!!1"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Toca Race Driver'.
Sat 11/01/03 at 19:49
Regular
OK! I ordered TOCA RACING DRIVER from Special Reserve it arrives to the house with no disc! Over a week ago and still waiting on disc. Final Fantasy x arrives. With Disc scrathced and covered with fingerprints. Doesn't look new at all. Bonus DVD is missing. WWE Smackdown: Just Bring IT arrives. Disc looks second hand.

This is a joke. I need another supplier. Any ideas I will never recommend Special Reserve to anyone!
Mon 13/01/03 at 13:38
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Fosbe wrote:
> I ordered tiger woods on the 28th of december and it still aint
> arrvived, i ordered it when it says low in stock but it said it did
> hav e some so i brought ti then says they had no stock and added they
> order form there supplier every three days, but they still say they
> have no stock and i still have no game after 15 days of waiting.

The very reason why i'll never buy online again. I ordered Desert storm from SR, and it didn't come till monday after release date. And i thought that was bad. Checking the post every mornin, just to be let down again.

I got Tiger woods for xmas, and i've enjoyed playing it ever since then. If i was still waitin after all this time, just cancel it and get from high street.
Sun 12/01/03 at 19:32
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I ordered tiger woods on the 28th of december and it still aint arrvived, i ordered it when it says low in stock but it said it did hav e some so i brought ti then says they had no stock and added they order form there supplier every three days, but they still say they have no stock and i still have no game after 15 days of waiting.
Sun 12/01/03 at 16:41
Just get games from high street retailers, if you look you can find good deals. I stopped using SR since they denied letting me use my Visa Electron card.
Sun 12/01/03 at 13:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
All my games have been sent in mint condition, and fairly quickly too, and I've never had any problems with the products.

I've had one minor problem in one of my products though - it was when I was first getting my SR membership, I ordered the GTO Steering Wheel for PS2, but it came in a naffed up box that had been sellotaped back together, and it was missing instructions, but it still worked, so I was happy.

I will continue to use SR as my main source of games. :-)
Sun 12/01/03 at 11:15
Regular
I used Special Reserve when I had a Playstation and thought they were excellent. But I renewed my membership last week and there has been a few problems. NBA Live2003 & Formula 1 2002 both came with the shrink wrapper as expected but Final Fantasy looks second-hand. No Bounus DVD and the cd is scratched with fingerprints. Toca Race Driver came with no disc and smackdown does'nt look either.

Anyway thanks for the advice guys!
Sat 11/01/03 at 21:52
Regular
"accidental superher"
hmm that's strange...i've ordered from SR quite a few times and have never had that problem...most of the games i've ordered are still in their shrink wrap...
Sat 11/01/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Have you tried calling them and explaining the situation?

Unfortunately Mr Snuggly (staff member on here) isn't around at the weekends so you could wait till Monday to post again, plus also put your post in the Site Bugs forum as this is where problems are sorted out.

SR aren't as rubbish as you think, I've been using them for years and never had any problems so far.
Sat 11/01/03 at 20:30
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> Maybe they couldn't find Toca Racing Driver and were in half a mind as
> whether or not they should send you Toca Race Driver as a consolation.

Very funny. I would laugh if my wallet was'nt lighter.
Sat 11/01/03 at 20:19
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Maybe your postman?

Used them many many times and only had a few very small problems and if I did have problems they were sorted quickly.
Sat 11/01/03 at 20:16
Regular
Maybe they couldn't find Toca Racing Driver and were in half a mind as whether or not they should send you Toca Race Driver as a consolation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.