GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An idea for a DragonBall Z game!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dragonball Z: Budokai 2'.
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:12
Regular
I was playing Bid For Power on my PC while watching an old episode of DBZ and the place I was fighting was Kame's Lookout. At the same time Gohan, Yamcha, Trunks and Krillin flew down from the Lookout after making the wishes after the Cell Games. Then suddenly I had an idea for a game.

You guys might have played or seen Bid For Power on PC which is a game based on Dragonball Z. (If you've never seen the game, check out www.bidforpower.com) Well anyway, you may also remember or have played Dragonball Z RPG on the SNES, and how you could fly almost anywhere but in it was in 2D.

My idea is that you follow the DBZ story, going through all the sagas, including the Garlic Jr Saga. Every time you complete the game on a different difficulty, you will unlock scenarios from the DBZ movies in which you play in.

The system works in that you can fly anywhere on Earth, Namek, and the Other World i.e, Snake Way, Supreme Kai's planet, and you switch characters in the Z Fighters squad depending on the situation, and when you use Gohan in the Saiyaman Saga or when you use Goku you can call for Nimbus. You can fly in all directions (foward, backwards, left, right, up and down) so you can even fly up to Kame's Lookout. You search out your enemies like in DBZ RPG on the SNES, and the battle system works in the same way as Bid For Power.

The movie scenarios work in that when you complete the game on a certain difficulty, you earn a certain movie scenario to play in. When you complete certain scenrios you earn extra scenarios to play in.

When you beat certain people you earn new attacks and new abilities. When Goku gets back to Earth after you destroy Freeza with Trunks, you will be able to use Goku's Instant Transmisson to get to certain places like with the warping tune in Zelda:Majoras Mask. You will also be able use the Super Saiyan ability after getting it in the relevant saga.
Mon 13/01/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Remember me?"
morbo wrote:
> Azul²°°³ wrote:
> Dear God, Dragonball Z. is great
>
> *shudders*
>
> *turns up heating*

Turn it up more, 'cos I'm still bloody shuddering. Dragonball Z? Pfff!
Mon 13/01/03 at 01:07
Regular
I love anime

I hate Dragonball Z
Sun 12/01/03 at 23:18
Regular
"thursdayton!"
how about a game just like the cartoon? a boring waste of time filled with characters shouting rubbish on brightly coloured moving backgrounds...
Sun 12/01/03 at 22:04
Regular
"Festivus!"
the problem is that half the time on DBZ they just stand and stare at each other, getting ready to fight. Then they have a 3 episode showdown where nothing happens. Yes
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:30
Regular
I knoe, why don't you take your idea, and go and stand in that corner over there. We'll tell you when to come back.
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
That'd be way too predictable. Think about it.

"Oh, I know what's next! This is where Trunks and Gohan fuse!"

'twould be pants.
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:22
Regular
heh, but don't forget the crap jokes which they all fall over when they hear it, or the fact that, when they power up, etc, they don't get any faster or do more damge to the planets. Teehee
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Balls"
Azul²°°³ wrote:
> Dear God, Dragonball Z. is great

> *shudders*

*turns up heating*
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Balls"
so whats your idea? make a game like one they already have? or upgrade one. and have you even played the DBZ game on PS2 as it dont sound like it! they have sagas to play through and funny sernarios... and a RPG game is coming out on GC soon so they already have an idea that is better than yours.
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Dear God, Dragonball Z.
*shudders*
*runs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.