GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"if I was a sim"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/01/03 at 20:23
Regular
By now you will all have played the overally addictive and entirely pointless game, "The Sims". But how would these virtual humans deal with some real life dilemas that we have to go through each and every day?

Scenario 1: Getting dumped by a boy/girlfriend

The sim would first of all cry pitifully like an Aussie who has lost his surfboard. The sim would then wet themselves because they has 'forgotten' to visit the toilet for the last 3 days, then fal asleep in the pool of urine because they got woke up at 3AM by a 'mystery caller' earlier and their energy meter is down. They would then wake up several hours later because the noise from the TV is stopping their sleep, they would then retire to bed for a few hours. The sim would be interupted from their sleep by the carpool that stealthily arrives at 7AM each morning. The sim wont be able to get out of bed in time and is fired from work. Because they are upset at losing their job they decide to go for a swim in their back-garden pool. In a fit of pre-adolescent nastiness, the Sim's God and captor removes the swimming pool steps. The sim treads water for as long as they can but they are unable to simply climb out of the pool any other way and so drown before sunset.

Scenario 2: A Marriage Proposal

The sim is besotted with another sim who lives across the street and they have been spending alot of time together. The sim decides to invite the other sim around and gets on one knee and pops the question. The other sim, been a total reject, says they cant make the decision on an empty stomach and so the other sim goes to prepare a delightful meal. However the sim doesn't have any cooking skills, despite hte abundance of cookbooks on the nearby bookshelf. Been an idiot, the sim sets fire the the cooker (probably because of the wooden pans they were using) and soon the whole kitchen is ablaze. The fireman soon comes around, but the sims love interest is in a state of panic and still hungry. After the commotion the sim rings for a pizza, hoping the other sim will still say yes to his question. Within 2 hours the pizza boy has arrived but he too wants to hook up with the other sim. After she has finsihed eating the dives to one knee and pops the question and she says yes. They then ride away on his scooter into the pixelly sunset, leaving your sim wallowing in his own misery.

Scenario 3: First day of work

You sim has browsed the internet and scoured the local paper until they found a job they liked the look of. They applied and somehow got the job without any form of interview or by submitting any details whatsoever. The sim goes to bed nice and early the night before to make sure they are wide awake for their first day of their new job. They rise at 5AM, giving them 2 hours before the carpool arrives. They eat breakfast with gusto and go to the toilet. The toilet, however, hasn't been flushed for the last week and is full to the brim with, well guess! The sim, in desperation, decided to 'go' in a plastic bag and hide it in the mailbox for the time being. The sim returns from the mailbox and decided to hit the shower to clean up, but the shower faucet comes loose and floods the bathroom. The sim scrambles to the phone to call for a plumber who promptly arrives. He walks into the bathroom but is overwhelmed by the smell, faits, and hits his head on the tiled floor knocking him out cold. The sim is shocked by this and runs outside screaming to get help. On the pavement outside in the mailwoman who has faited upon finding the 'special package' in the mailbox. A passing police car sees the body on the floor and the sim screaming and flailing their arms wildly and decide that the sim is, indeed, a killer. For their own safety they decide it would be better to eliminate the sim with their handy AK-47. Within a few hours your sim is nothing more than a chalk outline on the front porch. The place where your sim was meant to be working are irritated and decide to sue you, but upon realising you are dead they simply reposess all of your furnature and worldly possesions.

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.
-kyz˛˛-
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
By now you will all have played the overally addictive and entirely pointless game, "The Sims". But how would these virtual humans deal with some real life dilemas that we have to go through each and every day?

Scenario 1: Getting dumped by a boy/girlfriend

The sim would first of all cry pitifully like an Aussie who has lost his surfboard. The sim would then wet themselves because they has 'forgotten' to visit the toilet for the last 3 days, then fal asleep in the pool of urine because they got woke up at 3AM by a 'mystery caller' earlier and their energy meter is down. They would then wake up several hours later because the noise from the TV is stopping their sleep, they would then retire to bed for a few hours. The sim would be interupted from their sleep by the carpool that stealthily arrives at 7AM each morning. The sim wont be able to get out of bed in time and is fired from work. Because they are upset at losing their job they decide to go for a swim in their back-garden pool. In a fit of pre-adolescent nastiness, the Sim's God and captor removes the swimming pool steps. The sim treads water for as long as they can but they are unable to simply climb out of the pool any other way and so drown before sunset.

Scenario 2: A Marriage Proposal

The sim is besotted with another sim who lives across the street and they have been spending alot of time together. The sim decides to invite the other sim around and gets on one knee and pops the question. The other sim, been a total reject, says they cant make the decision on an empty stomach and so the other sim goes to prepare a delightful meal. However the sim doesn't have any cooking skills, despite hte abundance of cookbooks on the nearby bookshelf. Been an idiot, the sim sets fire the the cooker (probably because of the wooden pans they were using) and soon the whole kitchen is ablaze. The fireman soon comes around, but the sims love interest is in a state of panic and still hungry. After the commotion the sim rings for a pizza, hoping the other sim will still say yes to his question. Within 2 hours the pizza boy has arrived but he too wants to hook up with the other sim. After she has finsihed eating the dives to one knee and pops the question and she says yes. They then ride away on his scooter into the pixelly sunset, leaving your sim wallowing in his own misery.

Scenario 3: First day of work

You sim has browsed the internet and scoured the local paper until they found a job they liked the look of. They applied and somehow got the job without any form of interview or by submitting any details whatsoever. The sim goes to bed nice and early the night before to make sure they are wide awake for their first day of their new job. They rise at 5AM, giving them 2 hours before the carpool arrives. They eat breakfast with gusto and go to the toilet. The toilet, however, hasn't been flushed for the last week and is full to the brim with, well guess! The sim, in desperation, decided to 'go' in a plastic bag and hide it in the mailbox for the time being. The sim returns from the mailbox and decided to hit the shower to clean up, but the shower faucet comes loose and floods the bathroom. The sim scrambles to the phone to call for a plumber who promptly arrives. He walks into the bathroom but is overwhelmed by the smell, faits, and hits his head on the tiled floor knocking him out cold. The sim is shocked by this and runs outside screaming to get help. On the pavement outside in the mailwoman who has faited upon finding the 'special package' in the mailbox. A passing police car sees the body on the floor and the sim screaming and flailing their arms wildly and decide that the sim is, indeed, a killer. For their own safety they decide it would be better to eliminate the sim with their handy AK-47. Within a few hours your sim is nothing more than a chalk outline on the front porch. The place where your sim was meant to be working are irritated and decide to sue you, but upon realising you are dead they simply reposess all of your furnature and worldly possesions.

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.
-kyz˛˛-
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
lol, that sounds like real life!
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:32
Regular
"Remember me?"
LOL! Brilliant!!!
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:35
If I was a sim
I would stop being such a shocking game :-)
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:36
Regular
I am the original Sim.
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Aha, reminds me of the two hours I spent with the Sims before I boxed it up and never played it again.
Genius nonetheless (the post not the game).
Sun 12/01/03 at 21:21
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Excellent topic, glad I read this one ;)
Sun 12/01/03 at 23:16
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
heh, good post
Sun 12/01/03 at 23:30
Regular
"That's right!"
But the Sims rules...
Mon 13/01/03 at 15:24
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Thanks for the comments :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.