GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What should I get?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/01/02 at 12:55
Regular
I have saved £20 up and I need some advice would game should I get I have a Gameboy advance,N46 and Playstation 2 I don't know which game to pick and from which system I need help.
Coley.
Sun 27/01/02 at 12:55
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
I have saved £20 up and I need some advice would game should I get I have a Gameboy advance,N46 and Playstation 2 I don't know which game to pick and from which system I need help.
Coley.
Sun 27/01/02 at 13:01
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
£20 won't get you much, so don't expect anything, and you may walk out with a nice little bargain. You may be able to get a cheap, second-hand GBA game, a cheap, second-hand N64 game, and a rediculously cheap (or rediculously crap, depending on your view) PS2 game.

Waste not, want not. That's my motto!
Sun 27/01/02 at 13:01
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I think you'll need more than 20 quid won't you? I can't think of many games at all that are less than £20.
Sun 27/01/02 at 13:04
Well i've got a gba myself and if you ask me what i do i get game boy colour games the graphics may not be the best but your likely to get a top game for £20 and theres usually lots of variety!
Sun 27/01/02 at 13:08
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
what would you say save up and get a better game or just get a PSONe game can anyone say a PSone game they like for £20.
Sun 27/01/02 at 13:35
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
There's no question in my mind that you need to save a little more money and hang on for a while. There's so much more choice when you have £30/£35 to spend, and your unlikely to then end up buying a game you didn't partcularly want.

I bet if you looked along the shelves of your local SR, the games you'd pick out as wanting to own would be more than £20, and therefore whichever game you did eventually buy wouldn't have been your first choice.
Sun 27/01/02 at 13:37
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
ADH wrote:
> There's no question in my mind that you need to save a little more money and
> hang on for a while. There's so much more choice when you have
> £30/£35 to spend, and your unlikely to then end up buying a game you
> didn't partcularly want.

I bet if you looked along the shelves of your local
> SR, the games you'd pick out as wanting to own would be more than £20, and
> therefore whichever game you did eventually buy wouldn't have been your first
> choice.
ADH thanks for the advice but one thing is wrong I live in N.Ireland and there is no SR there if you opened there then I could look.
Coley.
Sun 27/01/02 at 13:47
coley wrote:

ADH thanks for the advice but
> one thing is wrong I live in N.Ireland and there is no SR there if you opened
> there then I could look.
Coley.

Why don't you just buy the game on the net ?
Sun 27/01/02 at 13:47
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Well, browse the games directory on the SR site then. It's just the principals of my advice, (that the games you most want are probably a lot more than £20) that is important.
Sun 27/01/02 at 13:48
Regular
"  "
SR are doing a deal for 25 quid......u get dynasty warriors 2 and gun giffron blaze (both ps2) for that price which aren't great games but are good for the price :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.