GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will Sony Deliver Online Gaming in the UK in Spring?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 14:42
Regular
With the unleash of PS2 online gaming which is meant to be Spring 2003, do you think Sony will deliver this service on time.

As per usual no definite date has been given by Sony as yet (no surprise there then)

All I can say is, Pigs might fly and up goes the price of pork!
Mon 13/01/03 at 14:42
Regular
With the unleash of PS2 online gaming which is meant to be Spring 2003, do you think Sony will deliver this service on time.

As per usual no definite date has been given by Sony as yet (no surprise there then)

All I can say is, Pigs might fly and up goes the price of pork!
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Rodney You Plonker"
I'm hoping that it is released on time as i have been looking forward to playing online for a long time. I just hope that even with a normal 56K modem the service is reasonably quick and doesn't have bad lag.
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'm betting we'll have it by the end of 2003. As a guideline for this thinking:

Sony haven't announced anything officially, except for the fact that the Ethernet adaptor is now going to be broadband only and so 56k users are not going to be able to use it.

A few games have been put on the shelf that were due for a Spring release, now they're scheduled for 3rd quarter 2003, possibly because they're having online features added in the meantime.

So you'll be able to get your PS2 online sometime around Christmas, which just happens to coincide with the same time that the public generally buy the most consoles.

Amazing.
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:57
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Speaking of Flying Pigs.....

Anyway, while a spring 2003 date seems optomistic, play.com have the network adaptor and half a dozen online games set for release on 20th June 2003 which seems a little closer to what is realistic.

Here's to hoping!
Tue 14/01/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
We've got as much chance of getting a Spring release as a Snowman has surviving in Africa. I'm guessing a late summer early autumn release is more likely
Sat 25/01/03 at 23:24
Regular
I took a trip to my local GAME outlet today, as I usually do every Saturday. I asked them if they had any definite dates yet but I was told that no-one had briefed them on Sony's UK online launch.

I think a late summer lauch looks more imminent now.

I just wondered if anybody else had heard any definite news. :) At least I can take comfort in the Xbox Live experience which has proved to be great so far.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.