GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect PS2 Day?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 14:44
Regular
Art Imitates life?

Ever heard of that saying? Basically it's saying that art that is created around us, is an imitation of life itself...Dull huh!

Well i think we should go more the opposite way and let life imitate art. If you look at the PS2 it is and artists painting board ready to be turned into something that he or she so wishes it to be. Just slot in your PS2 game and away you go - your the artist. Well I think it's time society should face up to the fact that computer games are far more fun and enjoyable than everyday life, therefore the only way to solve this problem is to imitate the art that is PS2 and what it stands for.

I want to be able to go out into the big wide world without any boundaries or rules and make my life more enjoyable than the PS2. This would be my first day in my PS2 world:

10:00am - Well I don't like to get up too early! Choose my outfit instantly by scrolling around pre designed outfits in my wardrobe before choosing one and it immediately being fitted to my body.

10:15am - Have a bite to eat...not a cereal person so have some Micro-Chips (boom boom!)

10:30am - Get in the car to drive the 50 miles to work, decide to go down the duel carriageway which has a 40mph speed limit and speed cameras, therefore I'm going to be careful in my fully customised nitrous oxide injected Ferrari and just cruise along this road at about 180mph. Now the likely-hood of the police following me will probably be quite high as I've started to cut across a few parks, I've knocked down some lampposts and mowed the odd granny down. Therefore I'll just nudge the car upto 240mph enabling me to outrun them

10:31am - Get to work to let them know I'm quitting after my new revolutionary life has started. The boss doesn't seem too happy and so I lay the smacketh down on him. Maybe a quick Rock Bottom through his desk before a frog splash off of mine should get the message across that I won't be coming back

11:00am - Decide that I need to get a babe on my shoulder and the best place to do so is in Egypt (stay with me!). Therefore I take the long drive to the airport in my Ferrari that surprisingly hasn't got a scratch on it - it's another 180 miles away, but I know a short-cut if I go through a few towns!

11:10am - Have stopped in a place called Vice City (my kinda City). Decide to open up a few strip clubs, kick the living daylights out of passers by and the odd drug barron to get a few extra quid. I now no longer need to work for anyone else as my strip clubs are making more money than I could spend.

12:00pm - Must get back to finding a babe. Arrive at Manchester airport and bump into Alex Ferguson...he tells me he's stepping down from management and he and the board want me to take over...I tell him fine but I'm just off on holiday, which he's fine about!

12:10pm - As I'm walking though the airport I notice a few terrorists so I get my AK47 and grenades that I carry about in case of such emergency and blow them away...I'm only a one man team but I get through the two and a half thousand terrorists quite quickly without a drop of blood even hitting the floor.

14:00pm - Get onto the plane only to be told the pilots ill. I volunteer as i learnt how to fly back in Narm' and after they take me up on the offer I begin to fly to Egypt (they were so thankful, I even got two in-flight meals instead of one!)

20:00pm After a long plane journey where I realised I had several items of weaponry attached to the plane and took out a few enemy planes and plane carriers, we landed in Egypt...luck I took those invincibility tablets before we took off otherwise it could have been a completely different story

20:20pm - Decide to go straight to the Pyramids in the Dune Buggy that I had previously booked to be there at my arrival...always think ahead

21:00pm - Arrive at my destination - the Pyramid of Giza to find the two people I went there to look for, enjoying one anothers company (Always a bonus...could be a good night!) and talking of tasks present and past that they've undertook. I interrupted them - "Excuse me ladies, do you fancy maybe going for a bite to eat?" Lara Croft and Evey are delighted with the invitation and I think I've scored....back of the net!

22:00pm - Lara and Evey come-back to my hotel room, and after a bit of fondling in the dark Lara presses the reset button by accident...daft cow!

Hmmmm....how different life would be!!!
Mon 13/01/03 at 14:44
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Art Imitates life?

Ever heard of that saying? Basically it's saying that art that is created around us, is an imitation of life itself...Dull huh!

Well i think we should go more the opposite way and let life imitate art. If you look at the PS2 it is and artists painting board ready to be turned into something that he or she so wishes it to be. Just slot in your PS2 game and away you go - your the artist. Well I think it's time society should face up to the fact that computer games are far more fun and enjoyable than everyday life, therefore the only way to solve this problem is to imitate the art that is PS2 and what it stands for.

I want to be able to go out into the big wide world without any boundaries or rules and make my life more enjoyable than the PS2. This would be my first day in my PS2 world:

10:00am - Well I don't like to get up too early! Choose my outfit instantly by scrolling around pre designed outfits in my wardrobe before choosing one and it immediately being fitted to my body.

10:15am - Have a bite to eat...not a cereal person so have some Micro-Chips (boom boom!)

10:30am - Get in the car to drive the 50 miles to work, decide to go down the duel carriageway which has a 40mph speed limit and speed cameras, therefore I'm going to be careful in my fully customised nitrous oxide injected Ferrari and just cruise along this road at about 180mph. Now the likely-hood of the police following me will probably be quite high as I've started to cut across a few parks, I've knocked down some lampposts and mowed the odd granny down. Therefore I'll just nudge the car upto 240mph enabling me to outrun them

10:31am - Get to work to let them know I'm quitting after my new revolutionary life has started. The boss doesn't seem too happy and so I lay the smacketh down on him. Maybe a quick Rock Bottom through his desk before a frog splash off of mine should get the message across that I won't be coming back

11:00am - Decide that I need to get a babe on my shoulder and the best place to do so is in Egypt (stay with me!). Therefore I take the long drive to the airport in my Ferrari that surprisingly hasn't got a scratch on it - it's another 180 miles away, but I know a short-cut if I go through a few towns!

11:10am - Have stopped in a place called Vice City (my kinda City). Decide to open up a few strip clubs, kick the living daylights out of passers by and the odd drug barron to get a few extra quid. I now no longer need to work for anyone else as my strip clubs are making more money than I could spend.

12:00pm - Must get back to finding a babe. Arrive at Manchester airport and bump into Alex Ferguson...he tells me he's stepping down from management and he and the board want me to take over...I tell him fine but I'm just off on holiday, which he's fine about!

12:10pm - As I'm walking though the airport I notice a few terrorists so I get my AK47 and grenades that I carry about in case of such emergency and blow them away...I'm only a one man team but I get through the two and a half thousand terrorists quite quickly without a drop of blood even hitting the floor.

14:00pm - Get onto the plane only to be told the pilots ill. I volunteer as i learnt how to fly back in Narm' and after they take me up on the offer I begin to fly to Egypt (they were so thankful, I even got two in-flight meals instead of one!)

20:00pm After a long plane journey where I realised I had several items of weaponry attached to the plane and took out a few enemy planes and plane carriers, we landed in Egypt...luck I took those invincibility tablets before we took off otherwise it could have been a completely different story

20:20pm - Decide to go straight to the Pyramids in the Dune Buggy that I had previously booked to be there at my arrival...always think ahead

21:00pm - Arrive at my destination - the Pyramid of Giza to find the two people I went there to look for, enjoying one anothers company (Always a bonus...could be a good night!) and talking of tasks present and past that they've undertook. I interrupted them - "Excuse me ladies, do you fancy maybe going for a bite to eat?" Lara Croft and Evey are delighted with the invitation and I think I've scored....back of the net!

22:00pm - Lara and Evey come-back to my hotel room, and after a bit of fondling in the dark Lara presses the reset button by accident...daft cow!

Hmmmm....how different life would be!!!
Mon 13/01/03 at 15:25
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
different???

I did that at the weekend! ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.