GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD problem"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 16:47
Regular
Hey guys, I have bought "xXx" on DVD from America and obviously it has an American region code but I have a really decent DVD player that has the multi region feature so it can play DVDs with any region code. This is all well and good but the DVD I got has some wierd thing "RCD" or "RCI" or something and it stops American DVDs playing on illegally modified players. Mine isn't illegally modified I just shelled out moere cash to get one with more features. I am just wondering if it will work for sure when it comes in the post? If anyone has any facts on it I wouldn't mind reading them. THANKS:D
Tue 14/01/03 at 11:28
Regular
Got an NTSC compatible tv? Some do this, but only via one socket (ie, SCART-1).
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Thanks, with my DVD player you open the cd tray thing and then press a sequence of buttons and it goes comes up "Multi Region" and works american DVDs but I'm not sure if it works on American RCE ones.
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:27
Regular
I didn't say they didn't, did I?

I was merely pointing out that a Q-Cube will play any (commerical) DVD in the world
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:24
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
A lot of player support it, whitestripes.

Even selecting region 1 on DVD Region X (PS2) would work.
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:22
Regular
The Q-Cube has RCE, which would solve this problem...
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:21
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
I want to buy an american DVD so i was wondering if its just your DVD player that has be able to play that region and not your TV as well.
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:17
"possibly impossible"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Buy a Q-Cube
>
> It does EVERYTHING man

Including making the tea, apparently.

No, but expanding on what Tom said, if your player can change codes to individual codes then usually it will be fine with RCE. If you just put any disc in without being able to choose a region code (i.e. it recognises the code automatically) then you may have a problem.

Best thing to do is to try it and send the disc back to the US if it doesn't work, or sell it to someone will RCE enabled DVD player. You may find that the supplier will not take back a disc because your player is not RCE enabled, so make up some other excuse if it comes to that ;-)
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:11
Regular
Buy a Q-Cube

It does EVERYTHING man
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:04
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
RCE?

You need to make sure your DVD player is set to region 1 only while playing these dvds, and not multigion "0".

RCE basically tries out different regions to find out whether or not you are using a multiregion player. If you set it to region one for this particular disk, it won't know you're using a multiregion machine.

Hopefully.
Mon 13/01/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Hey guys, I have bought "xXx" on DVD from America and obviously it has an American region code but I have a really decent DVD player that has the multi region feature so it can play DVDs with any region code. This is all well and good but the DVD I got has some wierd thing "RCD" or "RCI" or something and it stops American DVDs playing on illegally modified players. Mine isn't illegally modified I just shelled out moere cash to get one with more features. I am just wondering if it will work for sure when it comes in the post? If anyone has any facts on it I wouldn't mind reading them. THANKS:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.