GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2-Go down in price!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 19:55
Regular
I hate the way new consoles are always so expensive! I really want a PS2 and have done for a long time, but its actually very hard to save up that kind of money especally when you have to buy a second controller and a memory card and a decent game as well! Its stll going to cost you about £220! The cheapest you can get a PS2 console is about £160,and the memory cards are not cheap are they???
When the Playstation came out it was meant to be the future of gaming, but that was only £100 wasn't it? Why would Sony want to make a console that less people are going to be able to buy? Also, the games! It would take me about 8 weeks to buy a game! 1 game!
Basically, I think console gaming is what gets me through the week (especially when you have Final Fantasy 9 to play) and I must admit, I feel slightly behind the times, so why cant they just bring the price of the PS2 down? Its not like less people are going to buy it is it? Come on Sony, do it for all the PS1 owners out there!

Cheers all, im off to dream up some cash!

Danny Wood
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:19
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I've got a mate who washes cars all day. He sits at the entrance to a public carpark, and after people have parked and are walking off to the shops he asks if they want their cars washed for them whilst they're away, £2.00 a time.

He's pulling in over £50 a day.

Alternatively, buy 2nd hand for half the price from the web, or check out your local independant retailer and see if they have any going cheap. You might pick one up for as little as £50-£60 that way.

Alternatively (part 2), enter lots of competitions on the web and win one.

;-)
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:17
"period drama"
I think the PSX was actually £300 when it first came out - as are most consoles.
Probably to reap as much money in the pre-release exitement when they're flying off the shelves. If people are intent on buying one, they'll cough up and it means more money for the big names int he end. The release-date prices probably cover any losses they may make if the console isn't popular.
It's a big step, you know, releasing a console to us vicious beasts.

At the end of the day, I'd rather see games prices drop instead of console's (or both in a perfect world) becasue, if you think about it, you'll spend more on games than the conosle itself in the long run.
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:12
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
the cheapest i have seen in a shop is £170. but i can get a ps2 console and 25 games for £105 that is cheaper than the console alone.
Mon 13/01/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I hate the way new consoles are always so expensive! I really want a PS2 and have done for a long time, but its actually very hard to save up that kind of money especally when you have to buy a second controller and a memory card and a decent game as well! Its stll going to cost you about £220! The cheapest you can get a PS2 console is about £160,and the memory cards are not cheap are they???
When the Playstation came out it was meant to be the future of gaming, but that was only £100 wasn't it? Why would Sony want to make a console that less people are going to be able to buy? Also, the games! It would take me about 8 weeks to buy a game! 1 game!
Basically, I think console gaming is what gets me through the week (especially when you have Final Fantasy 9 to play) and I must admit, I feel slightly behind the times, so why cant they just bring the price of the PS2 down? Its not like less people are going to buy it is it? Come on Sony, do it for all the PS1 owners out there!

Cheers all, im off to dream up some cash!

Danny Wood

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.