GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past question....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past'.
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:25
Regular
In the new Zelda 'A link to the past' for the GBA, are you in total control of link with his attacks or is it like a RPG where you have to choose his attacks and then it automatically does it?? Like Grandia 2 for example, if it is i won't import it. Thanks for any help :)
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:50
"The Will of D."
It's on the border of an RPG but t is mostly an Adventure because you are "exploring" and "Wandering" the worlds looking for new and exciting things to happen.
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:15
Regular
Zelda is an Adventure game... so yes like Starfox although much better... It isn't a true RPG e.g. Final Fantasy.
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:14
"Wa-wa-west"
It's been a while since I played it, but as far as I remember, you have your sword constantly as your primary weapon, and you can change your second button to stuff like bottles or the butterfly net (hehe) I never understood what the point of catching a butterfly was. If anyone knows, I'd quite like to know how they managed to make the game, since the GBA has 2 less buttons than the SNES.
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:03
"The Will of D."
gerrid wrote:
> Or you could assign your sword to B

It's basically the default setting on a Zelda game, that's what I do, Ihave sword set to B and shield set to A (but any other weapons can go on A instead)

I really hope that the Y and X buttons can have be set with items too like in OoT you can set a main item to it and can talk to people directly about the item. That would be so cool.
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Or you could assign your sword to B
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
YOu press A and he slashes it in a half circle, you hold it down he does a full circle if you have enough magic.
You also use other eapons like Arrows which fire straight in front of you, and a boomerang which has a curved path, and a hookshot wich shoots in the direction you are facing, with a short range.
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
So real-time combat means you are in total control??. So when i want Link to use his sword on a enemy i press A and he uses it?? like Star Fox adventures?? I sound really thick now.... :D
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:32
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Wow you're Q sounds really shiny.
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:29
Regular
No, it's real time combat.

No meues here.

Though I will import SoA Legends with it's lovely TBC from the US for my shiny shiny Q :D
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
In the new Zelda 'A link to the past' for the GBA, are you in total control of link with his attacks or is it like a RPG where you have to choose his attacks and then it automatically does it?? Like Grandia 2 for example, if it is i won't import it. Thanks for any help :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.