GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The things that SR users/members have in common"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 21:21
Regular
Hello ladies and gentelmen. I have been doing some reseach lately... (Well not really, it just wondered in my mind, that's all)...

Anyway, the things that SR users, or members have in common. Not every SR member and user has everything in common with the next guy that posted before him. My theory is that they are divided into several groups. There are the:

--Notables
--Regulars
--Newbies a.k.a n00bs

Lets start with Notables. All Notables are very higly respected in every way, from the topics that they make to the reviews that they write. They are also 16- 30 years of age (Just a theory, that's all). There sarcasm is very classy, one might say. Only a few people would be able to get what they are saying, which is basically Regulars who are Notables-to-be. And the newbies don't understand any of their sarcasm and think that these Notables are weird, strange, E.T, etc. But overall, most Notables are basically the same, funny, charismatic, and having a respectable sense of humor.

Regulars, a lot of regulars are basically the same. We're all in purple, and we all have evil sarcasm that we use upon the newbies. We have fun in the forums a lot, talking about how to make waffles and stuff. But not all is as it seems. Some of us have very stressful lives and I think that is why we chose the SR forums to relax our minds off and make us feel a lot better. Some of us may not be winners yet, but we are trying very hard to win GADs...

*One of the SR members: Boo! You're refering to yourself aren't you?!*

Urh... *Sweats* ... Yes... Ahem! As I was saying, Regulars... Argh! forget it, let's get on to the n00bs!

Newbies that Regulars would refer as n00bs are the plague of SR, regulars hate them a lot even though some of them forgot that they were once n00bs as well...

*SR Regular: So you refering to me then eh?!*

Urh... No! No! Look, you can beat me up if you want to ok, but that's impossible to in SR, so you might as well mock me.

Anyway, n00bs, the plague of the SR forums, and basically the whole of SR. They think that they're "KOOL", and that they're hard boys. Though not all newbies are like this. Let us (Regulars) hope that Lombardo and Rapid Fire become regulars as soon as they can, so they can join us to mock the other newcomers. And this applies to other good newbies as well. Anyway, back to the n00bs. 1 of D most 'noyin fings iz dat dey use txt talk. Dey sorta wanna shorten fings up in2 more simpler words, murdering da Yenglish Language. They also make these crappy threads about "Harry Potter & The Chamber Of Secrets Help". And when you look at the original message all it says is that "I wanna have sum hints, plz! Beta if CHEATS!" which is what most regulars have been complaining about. n00bs even think that they can make reviews that are half a paragraph, less than 3 sentences and win a GAD for that.

*Hated SR Newbie: Boo! U rite 4-5 paragrafs in U're reviu, butt its a lot of waffle nway*

Shut up you n00b! I'm trying to criticise you here! My inspiration of mocking n00bs came from you anyway! Anyway, as I was saying, I saw this one review the other day, in the TimeSplitters 2 section for the PS2. And I can tell that the n00b who wrote the review is a GameCube player, not a PS2 player. He was critisicing TimeSplitters 2 with only 3 sentences. Most of it went like this:

TimeSplitters 2 on the PS2 is krap! Poor graphics, poor gameplay! Butt on the GameCube it's a lot beta, it shows how stoopid U R 4 wasting U're Money on da PS2.

And thank God the SR gods removed that review that was wrote by that n00b who only gave it 1/10. I mean, what would the people who would want to buy a console think if they saw that review. They must think that TimeSplitters 2 on the GameCube is a lot better than the one on the PS2, and so they'll go and buy a GameCube instead of the PS2, despite its good games such as GTA: VC and 007 Nightfire. It just shows what the corrupted n00bs can do.

But most of all, the thing that all of us regulars and Notables would love to do is to mock the n00bs! I think that is like the only thing that we all (Regulars and Notables) have in common. Although I could be wrong... Which I am most of the times.

*This whole post is nothing more but my judgement and opinion. So please forgive me and I truly apologise if any of you find this offensive or anything. But I don't care if you corrupted n00bs who txt talk do, infact, I'm pleased if you are.
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:21
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
Hello ladies and gentelmen. I have been doing some reseach lately... (Well not really, it just wondered in my mind, that's all)...

Anyway, the things that SR users, or members have in common. Not every SR member and user has everything in common with the next guy that posted before him. My theory is that they are divided into several groups. There are the:

--Notables
--Regulars
--Newbies a.k.a n00bs

Lets start with Notables. All Notables are very higly respected in every way, from the topics that they make to the reviews that they write. They are also 16- 30 years of age (Just a theory, that's all). There sarcasm is very classy, one might say. Only a few people would be able to get what they are saying, which is basically Regulars who are Notables-to-be. And the newbies don't understand any of their sarcasm and think that these Notables are weird, strange, E.T, etc. But overall, most Notables are basically the same, funny, charismatic, and having a respectable sense of humor.

Regulars, a lot of regulars are basically the same. We're all in purple, and we all have evil sarcasm that we use upon the newbies. We have fun in the forums a lot, talking about how to make waffles and stuff. But not all is as it seems. Some of us have very stressful lives and I think that is why we chose the SR forums to relax our minds off and make us feel a lot better. Some of us may not be winners yet, but we are trying very hard to win GADs...

*One of the SR members: Boo! You're refering to yourself aren't you?!*

Urh... *Sweats* ... Yes... Ahem! As I was saying, Regulars... Argh! forget it, let's get on to the n00bs!

Newbies that Regulars would refer as n00bs are the plague of SR, regulars hate them a lot even though some of them forgot that they were once n00bs as well...

*SR Regular: So you refering to me then eh?!*

Urh... No! No! Look, you can beat me up if you want to ok, but that's impossible to in SR, so you might as well mock me.

Anyway, n00bs, the plague of the SR forums, and basically the whole of SR. They think that they're "KOOL", and that they're hard boys. Though not all newbies are like this. Let us (Regulars) hope that Lombardo and Rapid Fire become regulars as soon as they can, so they can join us to mock the other newcomers. And this applies to other good newbies as well. Anyway, back to the n00bs. 1 of D most 'noyin fings iz dat dey use txt talk. Dey sorta wanna shorten fings up in2 more simpler words, murdering da Yenglish Language. They also make these crappy threads about "Harry Potter & The Chamber Of Secrets Help". And when you look at the original message all it says is that "I wanna have sum hints, plz! Beta if CHEATS!" which is what most regulars have been complaining about. n00bs even think that they can make reviews that are half a paragraph, less than 3 sentences and win a GAD for that.

*Hated SR Newbie: Boo! U rite 4-5 paragrafs in U're reviu, butt its a lot of waffle nway*

Shut up you n00b! I'm trying to criticise you here! My inspiration of mocking n00bs came from you anyway! Anyway, as I was saying, I saw this one review the other day, in the TimeSplitters 2 section for the PS2. And I can tell that the n00b who wrote the review is a GameCube player, not a PS2 player. He was critisicing TimeSplitters 2 with only 3 sentences. Most of it went like this:

TimeSplitters 2 on the PS2 is krap! Poor graphics, poor gameplay! Butt on the GameCube it's a lot beta, it shows how stoopid U R 4 wasting U're Money on da PS2.

And thank God the SR gods removed that review that was wrote by that n00b who only gave it 1/10. I mean, what would the people who would want to buy a console think if they saw that review. They must think that TimeSplitters 2 on the GameCube is a lot better than the one on the PS2, and so they'll go and buy a GameCube instead of the PS2, despite its good games such as GTA: VC and 007 Nightfire. It just shows what the corrupted n00bs can do.

But most of all, the thing that all of us regulars and Notables would love to do is to mock the n00bs! I think that is like the only thing that we all (Regulars and Notables) have in common. Although I could be wrong... Which I am most of the times.

*This whole post is nothing more but my judgement and opinion. So please forgive me and I truly apologise if any of you find this offensive or anything. But I don't care if you corrupted n00bs who txt talk do, infact, I'm pleased if you are.
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:28
"The Will of D."
Hmmm, what we all have in common is to be able to mock the JATs who immediatly write a post about "'hich cosole is D best in D wrld".
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:29
"The Will of D."
Sorry but my txt talk is very rusty since I have never used it in a proper sentence b4 in my life.
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
And WS 'I Give a Damn' meter for this topic is:

<* * - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Nice post there Isa.

I sort of see it as, er, Star Wars.
No, don't run off yet.
The Dark Side, i.e, the stupid illiterate n00bs.
The Light Side, i.e, Regulars, who are good hearted etc.
And the higher, dead Jedi.
For example, AJ is Obi Wan, and Grix is, er, the old one. You know, Yoda.
*ahem*
*runs in fear of mob*
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:32
"The Will of D."
*Runs after with a flaming wooden torch and a pitchfork*
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:36
"The Will of D."
One example is the JAT called Bagarag, and his "PS2 sucx badly" post.

Yet another wild Ninty, if only we can tame him to help fight with literacy, not fanboyism.
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:43
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I think I was one of thoses "sensible" n00bs, well half-sensible anyway, I didn't start any of those Kerazy "console war" topics, or pick fights, so erm, I was cool!!

*I think*

*I hope*

*rns away b4 da ppl change der mnds bout me & say i woz a crp n00b*
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Warning to all JATs:

Watch out for those stupid Notable people. They are not to be trusted!
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:56
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Especially that AfroJoe person... very shifty...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.