GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Gamer"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
The Gamer, used to be seen as a spotty, greasy nerd who was as unsociable as my friend Craig (very unsociable). The sterotypical gamer was the sort of person you call a nerd, glasses, tight trousers etc etc, but why is gaming now seen as a more sociable thing, why are gamers no longer nerds but everyone, even girls?

Well i know if my mates all come over then we will play on my GC or Ps2, bit of pro evolution 2 or Mario Party 4. I am pretty far from a nerd, more of an athlete, but that doesn't stop me playing on my consoles most nights when i can be bothered. Gaming has beocme alot more popular and widely acknowledged. It can even seen to be cool in away, due to advertismenet and newer and better games. It is even a relaxation, playing games can relieve stress, going out on GTA:VC and doing in some people really makes your day complete.

What has made the gaming industry apply to the not so nerdy? Well in my opinion it is the new style of games, new graphics, more multiplayers to bring people together and games are more of a pick up and play now, well most games are, i think that the old Gamer will be rpelcaed simply by people who play games, i bt most the population of the UK do, if they have the money as it is expensive!

Despite this you still see thos epeople at the counter of GAME or Gamestation who you just look at and laugh, it may be horrible, but it's true, it happened on saturday, there was this perosn who just started dancing to the music, really noticably and my two mates and i just laughed. It is cruel, but it was funny, you would have laughed too.

Out with the old Gamer, in with the new image of those who play games!
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:55
Regular
"$hit happens"
well we are all diff. that's why there are 3 consoles and many different games!
But i don't say one is better thn the other,
To some it is, but i think it has good games, some of which are not suited to me
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Marc2003 wrote:

> Its looking good for Nintendo and Sony don't you mean.
> Maybe Microsoft, who knows

I reckon Microsoft have got a good future ahead of them with the X-Box, and hopefully an X-Box2. I recently bought an X-Box, and I have to admit, I prefer it to both the PS2 and the GameCube.
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:43
Regular
"$hit happens"
Jedidude wrote:
> Indeed it is rising in popularity, most households have a nex gen
> console within! It's looking good for the future.

Its looking good for Nintendo and Sony don't you mean.
Maybe Microsoft, who knows
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:43
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Gaming was meant to be bigger than Hollywood this Christmas, so i suppose it already is the biggest entertainment thingy. Yes, there is more money being spent on games as time passes, but that's because the makers know that they can as gaming is more popular. no, i don't think gaming is ahead of music or tele, but it's close.
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:41
Indeed it is rising in popularity, most households have a nex gen console within! It's looking good for the future.
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:37
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I bet Craig isn't as unsociable as me!!!!!

But good point about "The Gamer," guess that really is "The Future of Gaming" and for once we actually have a topic about that here!!

Games are evolving into an industry that appeals to everyone, just like Cinema and music. It will eventually become the largest entertainment industry in the world, MARK MY WORDS!!!!

*ahem*

Yes....
Mon 13/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
"$hit happens"
The Gamer, used to be seen as a spotty, greasy nerd who was as unsociable as my friend Craig (very unsociable). The sterotypical gamer was the sort of person you call a nerd, glasses, tight trousers etc etc, but why is gaming now seen as a more sociable thing, why are gamers no longer nerds but everyone, even girls?

Well i know if my mates all come over then we will play on my GC or Ps2, bit of pro evolution 2 or Mario Party 4. I am pretty far from a nerd, more of an athlete, but that doesn't stop me playing on my consoles most nights when i can be bothered. Gaming has beocme alot more popular and widely acknowledged. It can even seen to be cool in away, due to advertismenet and newer and better games. It is even a relaxation, playing games can relieve stress, going out on GTA:VC and doing in some people really makes your day complete.

What has made the gaming industry apply to the not so nerdy? Well in my opinion it is the new style of games, new graphics, more multiplayers to bring people together and games are more of a pick up and play now, well most games are, i think that the old Gamer will be rpelcaed simply by people who play games, i bt most the population of the UK do, if they have the money as it is expensive!

Despite this you still see thos epeople at the counter of GAME or Gamestation who you just look at and laugh, it may be horrible, but it's true, it happened on saturday, there was this perosn who just started dancing to the music, really noticably and my two mates and i just laughed. It is cruel, but it was funny, you would have laughed too.

Out with the old Gamer, in with the new image of those who play games!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.