GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 REVIEWER REQUIRED"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/01/02 at 21:02
Regular
Hello Everyone.

There is a very promising new website developing as I speak - http://www.ps2update.cjb.net, which focuses on PS2 reviews of course.

The guy who runs the site - Michael Wilson, is a nice bloke, he won't disclose his age though and he can be contacted at [email protected] - only email him if you think you can write reviews of a good standard (don't even thin about copying reviews), and the future could be very bright for you.

I was going to write reviews for him, and indeed I have made many suggestions, and have written one review - of Crazy Taxi, maybe you could check it out, but I don't have the time to write for the site.

Just think - this could be your foot in the doorway to an exciting career in journalism/gaming. Please don't waste his time.

The site doesn't sell anything, and so is not in competition with SR, so I feel it is appropriate to write this here.

Thanks for your time,

Dan
Sat 26/01/02 at 21:02
Hello Everyone.

There is a very promising new website developing as I speak - http://www.ps2update.cjb.net, which focuses on PS2 reviews of course.

The guy who runs the site - Michael Wilson, is a nice bloke, he won't disclose his age though and he can be contacted at [email protected] - only email him if you think you can write reviews of a good standard (don't even thin about copying reviews), and the future could be very bright for you.

I was going to write reviews for him, and indeed I have made many suggestions, and have written one review - of Crazy Taxi, maybe you could check it out, but I don't have the time to write for the site.

Just think - this could be your foot in the doorway to an exciting career in journalism/gaming. Please don't waste his time.

The site doesn't sell anything, and so is not in competition with SR, so I feel it is appropriate to write this here.

Thanks for your time,

Dan
Sat 26/01/02 at 21:13
Well, i used to run my own website, called gaming nirvana so i'd love to write reviews on the net again ( and not for a big company, and not have them lost in a sea of a thousand other reviews.) if you want me in, just email me at [email protected]. PS spammers will be blocked, so dont even think about it.
Sat 26/01/02 at 21:15
Regular
"Wasting away"
Why write for some old scum bag, when you can just try and win a game here? Or, come and work for me ;-) Nah. None of you are good enough. ;P
Sat 26/01/02 at 21:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
I have lots of PS2 reviews.

Still, I think the part about it being a doorway into journalism is a little exaggerated. :D

But since I want to be a journalist for a few years or so, I'm sort of interested, I guess.
Sat 26/01/02 at 23:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I got an email from that web site guy

As did many other SR members

Where did he get our addresses form? Is he a member, or did someone give away their MSN list to him?

Sonic
Sat 26/01/02 at 23:15
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Oh, and I used to write for many web sites, inclusing TOTALVIDEOGAMES... which is far better known than this site you speak of (it's one of the top 5 online for game I think), but that got me no where!

Sonic
Sat 26/01/02 at 23:17
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I never got an email from that guy.
Maybe he wanted someone with a certain amount of skill?

Or maybe......ITS SHANOE (oops wrong thread...sorry)
Sun 27/01/02 at 10:29
Regular
I got an email from this guy... for some reason or another. I am thinking he may be a member, but I doubt it. Probably just got some emails off one of us. If I owned a sony console I might have considered it seeing as I don't write anything here anymore... too bad I don't really.
Sun 27/01/02 at 20:06
http://ps2update.cjb.net
Sun 27/01/02 at 20:08
Dear Ant,

What is your e-mail address so I may contact you?

Thanks,
Yours Sincerely,
Michael Wilson
(PS2 Update Editor)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.