GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming would be a far better place without gamers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/01/02 at 18:08
Regular
Think about it. The demise of the Dreamcast, the higher sales of Fifa than Pro Evolution Soccer, and the PS2 launch selling out despite the poor launch games. Why? Well, because stupid massmarket gamers buy things based on advertising more than quality.

Without massmarket casual gamers we's see more games like Jet Set and Rez, and less games like Ridge Racer 5 (PLEASE NO MORE!) and South Park (*shudder*).

The Dreamcast would still be around, and Sony would have been forced to put more effort into the PS2 than simply having a launch of rushed games.

People would actually be taking the GC and Xbox seriously.

Utopia would be discovered.

Sonic
Sat 26/01/02 at 22:05
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Tony_Blair wrote:
> flaw: No one would be around to experience gaming so why would it be a better
> place, being that no one around is there to know that gaming would be better

OMG... some morons took me seriously...
Sat 26/01/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Or†ega wrote:
> Yes, but its just they way it is...

If only a few people could buy games then
> the profits made by the developers would surely fall. Which would more than
> likely lead to a rise in the price of games. Casual gamers are good for the
> market, EA make a load of money from Crap like FIFA but this provides them with
> the money to produce quality titles like SSX and NBA street.

Exactly what I was saying. Casual gamers are great for profit, but have no real benefit for us, or millions of dedicated gamers around the world. Casual gamers keep the gaming world afloat, and without them, sales would fall, developers would go bankrupt and the gaming world as we know it would end.

PORKER
Sat 26/01/02 at 19:22
Regular
Yes, but its just they way it is...

If only a few people could buy games then the profits made by the developers would surely fall. Which would more than likely lead to a rise in the price of games. Casual gamers are good for the market, EA make a load of money from Crap like FIFA but this provides them with the money to produce quality titles like SSX and NBA street.
Sat 26/01/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
er-no wrote:
> Its crap. They are crap. Stupid casual gamers. Ruining the market for everyone
> else. No wonder we have games like Simpsons Wrestling and Simpsons Racing. Its
> so very annoying. I which I could have the power to choose who brought games,
> like you have to have ID to buy a game.

Yeah. Casual gamers reap us no benefits, unless a bad reputation is a bonus. They give the game developers money, which is hard-earnt (most of the time), granted, but casual gamers are silly! They know little or nothing about gaming, and a lot of the time they do it because it's cool to do.

I spit in the face of casual gamers.

PORKER
Sat 26/01/02 at 19:14
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its crap. They are crap. Stupid casual gamers. Ruining the market for everyone else. No wonder we have games like Simpsons Wrestling and Simpsons Racing. Its so very annoying. I which I could have the power to choose who brought games, like you have to have ID to buy a game.
Sat 26/01/02 at 19:10
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Stryke wrote:
> Go to Fat Camp, fat boy.

Hehe :D I like chicken :p
Sat 26/01/02 at 19:08
Regular
Go to Fat Camp, fat boy.
Sat 26/01/02 at 19:07
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
I hate casual gamers, but they are good for the gaming developers. They buy considerably more games than dedicated fans and so they rake in more money for the developers etc. A lot of the time, casual gamers are off their head and don't know what they're talking about (trying to act smart etc), and that is why I detest them.

Down with casual gamers!
Sat 26/01/02 at 19:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
Stryke wrote:
> Without them you wouldn't have games at all. Casual gamers provide the money.

SILENCE, Mr Casual PS2 Buyer!

:-D
Sat 26/01/02 at 18:35
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
the reason why people buy Fifa is because the start up menu screen always had a funky beat

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.