GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Me, Myself And Irene Review."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/01/02 at 13:27
Regular
Hello everyone and welcome to my review of Me, Myself And Irene! Please remember refunds are not available so once you have read this there is no going back! (Unless of course you click the back button). This film stars Jim Carrey and Renee Zellweger. This film is from the directors of the smash hit “There’s Something About Mary” which in my opinion is another great film. From memory I think the Farrelly Brothers directed these films. So fasten your seat belts and make sure your ready to be spell bound or as this case is word bound!

The films plot is that Charlie Baileygates (Jim Carrey) is a long running member of the Rhode Island Police Force. He is one of the kindest people you would ever of liked to meet, but unfortunately people take advantage of his kindness. He has three sons (but they are black children because his wife had an affair with the black limo driver who took them to their house!) but because Charlie is such a good person he looked past the colour of there skin and pushed away all the anger into the back of his mind and became a great parent. But as you could of guessed his wife left him for the limo driver and that was the last straw. So with the stress of being a single parent while in a supermarket he snapped and his spilt Personality Disorder became apparent. He becomes a more evil Charlie who goes by the name of Hank, but he has medication to control his problem.

In the story there is a beautiful young women on the run from the law called Irene Waters (Renee Zellweger) but she gets caught and the Rhode Island Police tell Charlie to take her to another Police Station. On the way Charlie starts to feel affection for Irene. On the drive they have many amusing encounters one involving a cow! (I will try not to spoil to many of the funny scenes). But in the end Charlie manages to get Irene safely to the other Police Station. He stays the night in a hotel and his affections for Irene become even clearer when he has rather amusing segment involving a file picture of Irene and a Watermelon! (I’m sure you older posters will of heard of this). While Charlie is sleeping Irene bursts in and says she has broke free of the station and needs Charlie’s help to run away! But in the mad rush of things Charlie forgets his Spilt Personality Disorder pills and leaves with out them!

As you could guess this leads to some absolutely hilarious moments involving Charlie and Hank fighting each other and Hank getting Charlie into some serious trouble and very painful moments. As you could guess Charlie (no not Hank) and Irene end up getting married and from what we see they live happily ever after.

On the DVD extras you get a whole load of top notch stuff including:

Directors Commentary
Theatrical trailers
TV spots
Deleted Scenes (these are worth the price of the DVD alone) and the films soundtrack music video: Foo Fighters – “Breakout”

There are many deleted Scenes including “C*ap on the lawn”, “My cow likes to lie in the road”, “Warming the melon”, “Morning after”, “Cant find my wallet”, “Hat on fire”, “Dear old dad”, “Sex flash back”, “Hank and Charlie disagree” and “Extended but chin scene”. So in total there are a total of 10 extra scenes! Also its good to have the Foo Fighter’s video on there because I really like the song.

Overall I would rate this film 9 out of 10 and the DVD extras are superb. The performances of Jim Carrey and Renee Zellweger are great. If you like comedy this title should definitely be on your shelf.

Thanks for reading

Jetster
Sat 26/01/02 at 13:27
Regular
"One More Chance"
Hello everyone and welcome to my review of Me, Myself And Irene! Please remember refunds are not available so once you have read this there is no going back! (Unless of course you click the back button). This film stars Jim Carrey and Renee Zellweger. This film is from the directors of the smash hit “There’s Something About Mary” which in my opinion is another great film. From memory I think the Farrelly Brothers directed these films. So fasten your seat belts and make sure your ready to be spell bound or as this case is word bound!

The films plot is that Charlie Baileygates (Jim Carrey) is a long running member of the Rhode Island Police Force. He is one of the kindest people you would ever of liked to meet, but unfortunately people take advantage of his kindness. He has three sons (but they are black children because his wife had an affair with the black limo driver who took them to their house!) but because Charlie is such a good person he looked past the colour of there skin and pushed away all the anger into the back of his mind and became a great parent. But as you could of guessed his wife left him for the limo driver and that was the last straw. So with the stress of being a single parent while in a supermarket he snapped and his spilt Personality Disorder became apparent. He becomes a more evil Charlie who goes by the name of Hank, but he has medication to control his problem.

In the story there is a beautiful young women on the run from the law called Irene Waters (Renee Zellweger) but she gets caught and the Rhode Island Police tell Charlie to take her to another Police Station. On the way Charlie starts to feel affection for Irene. On the drive they have many amusing encounters one involving a cow! (I will try not to spoil to many of the funny scenes). But in the end Charlie manages to get Irene safely to the other Police Station. He stays the night in a hotel and his affections for Irene become even clearer when he has rather amusing segment involving a file picture of Irene and a Watermelon! (I’m sure you older posters will of heard of this). While Charlie is sleeping Irene bursts in and says she has broke free of the station and needs Charlie’s help to run away! But in the mad rush of things Charlie forgets his Spilt Personality Disorder pills and leaves with out them!

As you could guess this leads to some absolutely hilarious moments involving Charlie and Hank fighting each other and Hank getting Charlie into some serious trouble and very painful moments. As you could guess Charlie (no not Hank) and Irene end up getting married and from what we see they live happily ever after.

On the DVD extras you get a whole load of top notch stuff including:

Directors Commentary
Theatrical trailers
TV spots
Deleted Scenes (these are worth the price of the DVD alone) and the films soundtrack music video: Foo Fighters – “Breakout”

There are many deleted Scenes including “C*ap on the lawn”, “My cow likes to lie in the road”, “Warming the melon”, “Morning after”, “Cant find my wallet”, “Hat on fire”, “Dear old dad”, “Sex flash back”, “Hank and Charlie disagree” and “Extended but chin scene”. So in total there are a total of 10 extra scenes! Also its good to have the Foo Fighter’s video on there because I really like the song.

Overall I would rate this film 9 out of 10 and the DVD extras are superb. The performances of Jim Carrey and Renee Zellweger are great. If you like comedy this title should definitely be on your shelf.

Thanks for reading

Jetster
Sat 26/01/02 at 13:38
Regular
Good review Jetster. Havn't seen Me, Myself and Irene yet, but i may well now.

Maybe a FAD will be yours soon ;-)
Sat 26/01/02 at 13:41
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
Great review Jetster what is your funniest part mine would be when Irene finds out what the supplies were LOL.
Sat 26/01/02 at 13:49
Regular
"One More Chance"
Lol! Yer that part is funny, but my favourite part is where Charlie turns into Hank in the supermarket for the first time and he drowns that little girl!
Sat 26/01/02 at 13:52
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
Or when hank is walking with Irene and takes the girl's Icecream.LOL
Sat 26/01/02 at 13:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I haven't seen this film. I should really give it a look. Nice review.
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:06
Regular
Cal this a review (joke) - You forgot to mention Anna Kournikova
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:07
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
Yes you should it is also rally funny when he breaks the cows neck and I would say if you don't mind leave this thread butim time if you stay here someone will ruin the film for you.
Sat 26/01/02 at 14:32
Regular
"One More Chance"
Ash1ey wrote:
> Cal this a review (joke) - You forgot to mention Anna Kournikova

Oh yer I think she was the Receptionist? Am I wright?
Sun 27/01/02 at 20:55
Regular
"Back in black"
Good review Jet. Looks like I could add this to my dvd selection, though Jim Carrey is a Twit!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.