GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"(A broadband user) + (Buying an origanl game) = WHY?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/01/03 at 21:45
Regular
if youv got broadband and you actualy buy games. why dont you save your self the money and download it.
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
if youv got broadband and you actualy buy games. why dont you save your self the money and download it.
Regular
ER cos u dont have a legit Cd key so u cant play online....
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
You can get a legit cd key tho. and even if you cant. youd save your self 30 pound by not being able to play online, wont kill you really will it.
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Probably because it is ilegal and wrong. More people that do that then less games we see and also chances of higher prices.

Not to mention the fact that SR could give your details to the police and you will lose every piece of hardware, software you own as well as a hefty fine.

Can't stop you from doing it but boasting on here about it is just poor.
Tue 14/01/03 at 22:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
ftozzi wrote:
> You can get a legit cd key tho. and even if you cant. youd save your
> self 30 pound by not being able to play online, wont kill you really
> will it.

You really are a complete pr!ck arn't you?!?!

How old are you?

Seriously?

You must be about 13!
Tue 14/01/03 at 23:47
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
I am fully aware that you can download stuff off the web but I can't see a plus in doing it.

Games aren't THAT expensive anyway. The last PC game I bought (UT2003) was only £30 and was well worth the money. I went to the shop and bought it then installed it. The whole process took about 2 hours. If I'd have downloaded it, it would've took a few days and there would be no guarantee it would work anyway.

Fine, you download games for free, good for you. I'm not stupid cos I don't.
Wed 15/01/03 at 01:47
Regular
"bing bang bong"
You really are a retard. I support this industry I care so much about (and hope to enter inside a year) as much as I can, and that includes paying for licensed products.

And PC games are very cheap anyway.
Wed 15/01/03 at 08:55
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Whilst it does harm the industry if people download games, I think the greatest harm is done by the legion of chipped PSone and PS2 consoles out there....

~~Belldandy~~
Wed 15/01/03 at 09:47
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Primal, it's a Myth that pirate software is always very unreliable, takes ages to install, and often contains viruses. 99% of the time it is neither.

Quite often it'll take less time to install a ripped game complete from it's archive as it does to install from the CD. Even if you've downloaded an ISO you're still looking at a maximum of ten minutes added to your install time, plus you'll get all the movies and other media files on that.

I'd have to agree with Belldandy here, too. I don't remember the exact figures now, but if you compare the average amount of games owned by a PSX owner to the average amount that have been sold per owner, you'll see there are a ridiculous amount of pirates games there. Something like 1/3?

Then again, despite this and the fact that there was practically no piracy market on the N64, the majority of developers still preferred the Playstation. So though a significant problem, piracy still ranks well below other market factors in terms of importance to developers.
Wed 15/01/03 at 09:48
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Of course, if you don't have broadband it takes a little longer...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.