GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreal Tournament 2003 or Splinter Cell?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament 2003'.
Wed 15/01/03 at 15:30
Regular
Unreal Tournament 2003 looks really good. Splinter Cell looks amazing! They both require pretty good machines averaging around 1.5 ghz, 512 ram and 64 or 128 meg graphics! This specs is for quite good performance, and good frames per sec. A good frames per sec is around 30-40. You really do not want the nvidia riva tnt2 for these games. This is a review for UT 2k3.

The graphics are amazing. The gameplay is amazing. The sound is amazing. Even the speed on the net is amazing even with a 56k dial-up, you still don't get any slow down. There are different modes to Unreal Touyrnamt including Bombing Run, my favorite. You get the bomb and deliver it to the enemy base.

Overall I give this game 11/10.
Thu 13/02/03 at 12:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no.
Thu 13/02/03 at 11:49
Regular
can you help me
Mon 03/02/03 at 11:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think Vehicles where going to make an appearance in UT2003, but for some reason (possibly this new Unreal game) they where left out. That could be why UT2003 doesn't really feel like it's improved on much since the original UT.
Sun 02/02/03 at 23:11
Sorry cipro im just going on what was said before UT2k3 was released as championship was originally advertised with vehicles in although I dont own an X-box and dont have championship so I dont know if it actually has vehicles in it but I do have UT2k3 and was very dissapionted at it although unreal 2 looks quite promising.
Sun 26/01/03 at 22:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
OakeyDokey wrote:
> It was exclusive to the xbox and was called unreal championship
>
> as far as im aware there are no future plans to release it on PC as
> unreal 2 is only just released

I was under the impression that Unreal Championship was basically Unreal Tournement 2003 but with a different name. From screenshots I've seen of it, it looks exactly the same as the PC version.

Plus, when I first heard the news of UT2003, vehicles where supposedly going to be included, but didn't make an appearence when the game was released.

This together with the fact that Epic have bought the rights to the Unreal Warfare domain name seem to suggest that another Unreal game could be in production, and I think I've already seen early screenshots of it as well.
Sun 26/01/03 at 21:42
Regular
Hey u ever played counterstrike?
www.tactical-ops.to its actually a UT mod with updated engine, textures almost lke Cs but faster :p
Sun 26/01/03 at 21:41
cipro wrote:
> From rumours I here there could be another online multiplayer Unreal
> game in the works, although this time it has more in common with
> Tribes 2 than any previous UT game.
>
> I think it'll come with open environments and cool hover vehicles as
> apposed to the smaller more confined levels on any UT game. Like I
> said though it's a rumour, but still it is know that epic have bought
> the domain name Unreal Warfare, but have yet to release any info (if
> any) on this mysterious new game.

It was exclusive to the xbox and was called unreal championship

as far as im aware there are no future plans to release it on PC as unreal 2 is only just released

personaly I think UT was the best and that UT2k3 although very pretty game with nice textures and nifty features has many shortcommings as a fps game. DONT BUY IT unless you have a major system to run it on.

I have a 2.6 ghz 512 ram 333 and gfti4600 and still I get slow down in battles (with 1 mbit conn)

I would give it 5/10 with original still getting 8/10
Sun 26/01/03 at 16:11
Splinter cell is the best of the two games by far... everything about it is just amazing..
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yes I know it may exsist, but is their any info about what thue game may be? No, so we are still clueless about what this game will be about.
Thu 16/01/03 at 14:23
Regular
http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/search/standard.php? keywords=warfare&cat=pcall

check it and stop doubting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.