GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which Console are you getting, and WHY?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/09/00 at 22:15
Regular
We've all had our say on slamming everyone elses console recently, now for the stuff Special Reserve really want to know, so let's keep it simple.

Which Console are you going to be getting (me: PS2)
Why (in no more than 30 words please)
(me: Quality brand name, never been let down before, good selection of titles already, plenty of extra features.)
Tue 12/09/00 at 22:15
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
We've all had our say on slamming everyone elses console recently, now for the stuff Special Reserve really want to know, so let's keep it simple.

Which Console are you going to be getting (me: PS2)
Why (in no more than 30 words please)
(me: Quality brand name, never been let down before, good selection of titles already, plenty of extra features.)
Tue 12/09/00 at 22:20
Allrighty here goes:
X-Box...
Microsoft are an excellent company who never fail, i love PCs and the X-Box is a little games only PC, also will have the downloads from PC to X-Box options.

Hehe, bang on! of course i might buy the Dolphin, or whatever they're calling it now. because:
Having bought every Nintendo console and never being let down i trust them to make good this one, also the games you get are top quality.

But most likely i will choose the X-Box, which by the way is designed to destroy the console market and put people onto PCs!
Wed 13/09/00 at 14:05
I have already got mine thanks in the form of the Dreamcast to say that it has the best games coming out is a understatement,shenmue,unreal tournement,Quake 3and many more,i think I'll stay with my Dremcast thank you who is next.
Wed 13/09/00 at 14:08
I will not be getting anything in the near future as I have no money left after paying for my house/car/bills etc. It's a shame as I always like to mess around with the latest technology.
I will always try things out though, as I know someone who tends to buy all the latest hardware and software (a lot of imports as well)
I guess what I'm waiting for the most is that Nintendo Gamecube thing, it sounds as if it is going to be wonderful, and knowing Nintendo probably will be.
Wed 13/09/00 at 15:51
Regular
Gamecube, without a doubt. Only real reason is the quality of games, and the excitement of all the developers that have watched the "demos" and seen the specs.
Next...
Wed 13/09/00 at 16:14
Regular
"Under the Wall"
I expect my N64 to pull me through untill gamecube arrives.

I've been brainwashed with all your slurs on PS2, and I'm confident that when it eventually shows up, gamecube will comfortably out-shine dreamcast.

Also, I'm happy to play on the classics for my N64 if game production does dry up prematurely.
Wed 13/09/00 at 20:45
Big D, you need a PC, we already got those games (except Shenmue) and more and better!
Thu 14/09/00 at 13:54
I'm reserving judgement on the PS2 until I've actually played one. Sony have not impressed me too much over the last year, although there are some good 3rd party games, but they may be already realising that they can't win support by brand name alone.

Being realistic, I think that Sony do not just launch a console and hope it does well because of it's brand and it's predecessor. They will have sat down in many board meetings and taken into account customers previous comments and information from the various exhibitions where they have shown demo machines.

I'm not saying I will buy a Playstation 2, but I'm not saying I won't. How's that for decisive!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.