GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suikoden 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Suikoden III'.
Wed 15/01/03 at 19:36
Regular
Erm wlel simply when is it coming out ova here?
Looks great form wot i know an basically lets make this the Suikoden 3 thread, anything you wana know, people can help you out i am sure.
I would like the know the actualy story, what goeson, i am new to the game
thanks
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FantasyMeister wrote:

> America speak the same language as us, so why would it need
> translating? It just needs a PAL conversion. Oh, maybe they're using
> the same PAL converters as Square do with the FF series... :)

Well it's another 'joy' of being in Europe. they just can't give us the American language with a PAL conversion oh no they have to translate the game into french, italian, german etc before we can actually get it.
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Yea i asked about this game a while ago thought i was the only one who
> liked the game. If it takes more than a year to release this game over
> here while it's already been released in America that is a real
> disgrace. Obviously they're using the same translators as Square do
> with the FF series

America speak the same language as us, so why would it need translating? It just needs a PAL conversion. Oh, maybe they're using the same PAL converters as Square do with the FF series... :)
Thu 16/01/03 at 19:31
Regular
"$hit happens"
doh, 9 months, that sucks
Thu 16/01/03 at 14:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i asked about this game a while ago thought i was the only one who liked the game. If it takes more than a year to release this game over here while it's already been released in America that is a real disgrace. Obviously they're using the same translators as Square do with the FF series
Thu 16/01/03 at 11:41
Regular
Oh, bah! Just checked another website for a release date and the general consensus is 'Summer 2003'. That usually means October.

*twiddles thumbs for 9 months*
Thu 16/01/03 at 08:48
Regular
Suikoden 3 is set 15 years after Suikoden 2 and set in neighbouring lands. Again the 108 stars of destiny is the recurring theme, where you can collect 105 extra characters to choose from when making your party of up to 6 characters for battles.

The story is set at the start of the developing peace treaty between the Zexen Federation and the Grassland's Six Clans, both of these are part of the Harmonian Empire. The first 3 characters you play are members of each respective group, and you get to view the storyline from each of their perspectives.

In the early part of the game, one of your characters is given the task of taking over a castle, populating it and running it as a going concern, and this becomes your base, and it includes mini-games like the Theatre (where you can cast any of your collected characters so far in 'Romeo and Juliet' and watch as they play out the parts, each of your characters giving their unique interpretation their lines).

The battles are random, except for the scripted boss battles. Combat is achieved by issuing 3 pairs of your party commands and then letting them loose each round, which gets quite tactical because if one of your characters is casting an area effect damage spell, you have to watch to make sure another character doesn't dash straight in to attack whilst the damage spell is still wreaking havoc.

Character development is very deep, some characters more suited to abilities than others, and these abilities can be enhanced by equipping them with the right equipement. There are also one-on-one duel and strategic battle modes to break up the usual random battles.

It's getting rave reviews in the U.S. where it was released back on 24th October last year. This usually indicates that it should arrive in the UK around March/April this year. Fingers crossed, because it's my most anticipated game of 2003 so far.
Wed 15/01/03 at 20:06
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
sorry cant help as i have never heard of it!!!
Wed 15/01/03 at 19:36
Regular
"$hit happens"
Erm wlel simply when is it coming out ova here?
Looks great form wot i know an basically lets make this the Suikoden 3 thread, anything you wana know, people can help you out i am sure.
I would like the know the actualy story, what goeson, i am new to the game
thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.