GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Age of Mythology"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Age of Mythology'.
Wed 15/01/03 at 19:37
Regular
Traded in some lame console games and got this today. Its brilliant. A bit like the Age of Empires series as in the same collection of resuources etc. but the graphics have been given an overhaul, and myths are so much cooler than just boring old swords. Anyone else got this game?
Mon 03/02/03 at 20:44
Regular
Well its not long, but then again 32 scenarios some up to an hour and a half each, so if you think of it that way its not bad
Mon 03/02/03 at 12:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Is the game short then? I'm thinking of getting it in a few weeks for my new comp, but I'll think twice if it isn't long enough.
Sun 02/02/03 at 18:28
Regular
Well 32 scenarios later and i've completed the campaign. Sadly there is only one but it was great.

Seem to be talking to myself

*dances*

*leaves*
Sun 19/01/03 at 11:53
Regular
Ah i realise it now. Its all one big campaign, i'm onto the egyptian part now. After this campaign are there any others?
Sun 19/01/03 at 11:29
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
In a word, yes. :)
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:29
Regular
I have a question about the campaign mode. I've been doing the Greek campaign and i am on about the 9th scenario. There are currently no options for the other civilisations, do i have to complete the greek campain to move onto the norse and egyptian ones?
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:08
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Yeah, I've got it.

Really enjoyable, but when I sit and think about it (can't think standing, ya see), it's not really much different to the previous two outings. You mention the true 3d graphics and gods and myths and stuff, but that's about it really. Plus the units can be SO frustratingly dumb sometimes.

Still, great game. I strongly advise to anyone who didn't get AOE2. :)
Sat 18/01/03 at 18:21
Regular
It's not a sequal as age of empires 2 led on from the first one in the fact that they kept a fairly tight timeline. Age of Myths is what it says Mythology, which isnt actually truth. Going back to the graphics, i like the new graphics as you can spin the camera round and the detail on the terrain is amazing. However the detail on some of teh characters and buildings doesnt seem as good as the Age of Empires II graphics. I'm guessing that its because Age of Myths graphics are 3D in the fact that you can look at a building at every angle and AOE graphics were flat.
Thu 16/01/03 at 14:20
Regular
Well it probably would be like the Age of Empires series. That's because it is the sequel to it.
Thu 16/01/03 at 11:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've only played a demo so far, but this is a game I will be getting sometime in the not to distant future. I love the new graphical update, and using the god powers really shows off what the game can be capable of.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.