GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"metal gear solid 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/09/00 at 21:35
Regular
i think mgs2 will be the best game ever what do u think? reply to me.
Tue 12/09/00 at 21:35
i think mgs2 will be the best game ever what do u think? reply to me.
Tue 12/09/00 at 21:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It's going to be very hard to beat the originality that was brought forward in the original MGS, and Missions was slammed a little by the gaming press for having nothing really original about it, just the VR sections from the original game souped up a bit.

For MGS2 to be as ground-breakingly original as MGS, it would have to be a completely different game. It took Lara Croft two goes to arrive in a GOOD sequel (Revelation), and TOCA got it right the third time around with a bit of originality.

MGS set a standard that was very hard to beat, we are all aware of that, it was the original Stealth 'em up on a mass-owned console, so to qualify as the best game ever, MGS2 will have to be something special indeed. Time will tell, but I will be buying it when it comes out, I expect.
Tue 12/09/00 at 21:48
Well thief was a popular stealth game, and Rainbow Six i suppose. Anyway, you don't need origniality to make a good game, why else was the Populous series popular (well the first 2 at least)? GTA2 was more of the same with improved graphics and a few extra controls and such (all cars can hold passengers and so forth) but it was still a great game. So, (though i never played MGS) MGS2 could be a slightly upgraded version (almost like a campaign pack thing) and still be a success. Especially since you said you'd buy it anyway, see.
Tue 12/09/00 at 21:57
Regular
MGS2 will be a success in terms of sales yes, purely because its predecessor was such a great game, but what I meant was could it possibly be classed as the greatest game "ever"? A lot of factors are included to make up this category, including originality. GTA was great because of its originality, GTA2 was better graphically and technically, but still "more of the same", which could never be applied to the original MGS. The greatest games are "usually" the first in the series, the sequels are "usually" more of the same but tweaked a little here and there. Gran Turismo was a great game (ground breaking graphics) and therefore I still rate it higher than Gran Turismo 2, which was a LOT more of the same, but only slightly tweaked. See what I'm getting at?
Tue 12/09/00 at 22:11
Yes, i do, but it wouldn't be MGS2 if it was completely original. So don't expect it to be, there really is no chance. I don't really care if a game is super original, it's nice to see, but it doesn't make a game good. What does is gameplay, and it's likely MGS2 will have some of that (though i'm not buying it either, i aint getting a Playstation or PS2!).
Tue 12/09/00 at 22:13
Regular
Good thinking there Gronti, I see what you mean, however, you've also given me a great idea for a new topic!! Stay posted...
Wed 13/09/00 at 12:42
Yes it will be the big seller for the playstation but I dont think it will be as popular as the original,yeah as some of you said that the originality is there,in terms of graphcs it is very good but I hate to say this no I dont its true that Shenmue has better graphcis for the Dreamcast ,I know some of you are going to reply saying what the hell is shenmue and no it does not look as good as mgs2,the fact of the matter is that in mu opinion it looks alot better ,o on a website and find out about shenmue and you will be very impressed,very impresed,i have seen it running and to say it looks goodis a understatement,the detail,it is a living city absolutely wonderful.
Wed 13/09/00 at 14:04
Shenmue looks wonderful, but in the games world looks aren't everything.
Mind you, I've already 'played' it (if you can call 'wondering around not knowing what to do because it's all in Japanese' playing!) and it plays really well too, although slightly more linear than I was expecting. The atmospheric sounds really immerse you in your surroundings, but as I couldn't understand the game I just ended up walking up and down streets all the time!
Wed 13/09/00 at 14:04
Shenmue looks wonderful, but in the games world looks aren't everything.
Mind you, I've already 'played' it (if you can call 'wondering around not knowing what to do because it's all in Japanese' playing!) and it plays really well too, although slightly more linear than I was expecting. The atmospheric sounds really immerse you in your surroundings, but as I couldn't understand the game I just ended up walking up and down streets all the time!
Wed 13/09/00 at 14:07
I aqm not saying that graphics are everything i am saying they are better than the best looking ps2 game that is all,i am really looking forward to it,it promises to be the best game ever

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.