GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Space combat - trading type games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/01/03 at 00:32
Regular
I remember the good old days playing Elite on my Amiga spending hours wandering around different star systems and then getting attacked and finding it impossible to fight back.

Anyway I 'll cut to the chase. Can anyone tell the best game of this type of genre (space combat/trading sim) currently out for the PC. I just saw some great screenshots of Homeplanet @ gamesdomain, this is still on the drawing board and not available yet.

All the best hairy chest - Boomshanka.
Thu 16/01/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> 'e bay gum it's THAT well known' auction website.

I read that 4 times, and eventually got it.
:-D
Yes, I'm that slow.
Thu 16/01/03 at 17:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
X-Beyond the Frontier Gold Edition published by THQ.

Features:
Explore an unknown sector of the universe, new civilizations, and cultures
10,000 potential objects within the universe
Compelling open or linear story line
Over 150 types of operational spacecraft and space stations
Supports force-feedback joysticks

Don't think it's published anymore but you could always enquire in the Customer Service forum to see if Special Reserve could get hold of it for you.

Otherwise you could get it from a very well known 'e bay gum it's THAT well known' auction website.
Thu 16/01/03 at 17:05
Regular
"smelly boxers"
do i give a damn
Thu 16/01/03 at 00:32
I remember the good old days playing Elite on my Amiga spending hours wandering around different star systems and then getting attacked and finding it impossible to fight back.

Anyway I 'll cut to the chase. Can anyone tell the best game of this type of genre (space combat/trading sim) currently out for the PC. I just saw some great screenshots of Homeplanet @ gamesdomain, this is still on the drawing board and not available yet.

All the best hairy chest - Boomshanka.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.