GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I Paranoid? or just Unpopular?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/08/07 at 19:20
Regular
"..."
I think the answer is probably a resounding "yes". But let me impart my tale of woe anyhow.

As my regular readers will know, of late the Company which I work for, Thomas Cook has been undergoing a merger with MyTravel, so this has taken up most of my brain power, worrying about whether I'm going to have a job when all is said and done and if not, where I'm going to find another job that keep me on my chosen career path.

Well, now it looks fairly likely that I am going to have a job, as per our new structure which was announced today and I'm starting to see a bit further and it seems I have other problems.

A group of colleagues, including myself used to regularly go to the pub on a Friday lunchtime, I've noticed that the last few weeks, they have sloped off to the pub without inviting me. They even went last week after work, including two people who don't normally go on a Friday, who i consider to be among my best friends amongst my work colleagues and not one of them thought to invite me.

Worse, I joined my usual Friday colleagues in the canteen today, even though i wasn't inviited to discuss our proposed new structure and the most outspoken amongst them made a comment about people in the department who have 'baggage' from previously being screwed over should realise that they should just leave the department. A comment which was clearly aimed at me, as I'm the only person left in the department who that comment fits.

I really don't know what I've done wrong.
Mon 06/08/07 at 23:18
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Is your birthday coming up?:P

"Ask them in a jokey manner."

"So, you basts, hows the pub?......I'm just kidding."
Mon 06/08/07 at 23:02
Regular
"eat toast!"
Perhaps you should ask them. In a jokey friendly manner. Perhaps going to your typical haunting grounds and if you see your friends there and not telling you, you could casually ask them that question.

Alternatively, you can go full frontal and ask them during a tea break and get to ask them whenever possible for an answer. Play a bit stupid, if they start saying something that is aimed at you and the guy says it in a funny way. try "You're a funny guy, would you like to tell me what you're trying to imply?
Mon 06/08/07 at 22:48
Regular
You can worry about it to a point, an acceptable level of consideration for others feelings, if you will ... If you're making the same effort you always were to get on and co-operate with people, and things aren't going well ... go the extra mile now and again, make a point of being the good guy. If that doesn't work ... f*** em, really ... one thing I've certainly started to take on board in the past 6 months or so is ... it's not worth losing sleep or beating yourself up over ... Aside from family, and those who really are your friends (through thick and thin), look after your own skin mate. Life's too short to burden yourself with petty politics and the like ...

You won't be in that job forever, and once you've moved on, none of this will matter ...
Mon 06/08/07 at 22:35
Regular
Office politics and what not.. I hate that so much
Mon 06/08/07 at 20:05
"period drama"
free eye exam with the changeover?
Mon 06/08/07 at 20:00
Regular
"..."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> maybe you're just really ugly and smell bad

Yes and yes. However, that didn't stop them liking me to begin with.
Mon 06/08/07 at 19:51
"period drama"
maybe you're just really ugly and smell bad
Mon 06/08/07 at 19:45
Regular
"..."
Garin wrote:
> Do you sit there moaning about it all the time? :)

Not all the time, no. Only on the odd day where it gets to me.
Mon 06/08/07 at 19:45
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
From the way you tell it, you'd have to surmise that perhaps some of your bitterness at the way you've been treated is spilling over. Do you sit there moaning about it all the time? :)
Mon 06/08/07 at 19:20
Regular
"..."
I think the answer is probably a resounding "yes". But let me impart my tale of woe anyhow.

As my regular readers will know, of late the Company which I work for, Thomas Cook has been undergoing a merger with MyTravel, so this has taken up most of my brain power, worrying about whether I'm going to have a job when all is said and done and if not, where I'm going to find another job that keep me on my chosen career path.

Well, now it looks fairly likely that I am going to have a job, as per our new structure which was announced today and I'm starting to see a bit further and it seems I have other problems.

A group of colleagues, including myself used to regularly go to the pub on a Friday lunchtime, I've noticed that the last few weeks, they have sloped off to the pub without inviting me. They even went last week after work, including two people who don't normally go on a Friday, who i consider to be among my best friends amongst my work colleagues and not one of them thought to invite me.

Worse, I joined my usual Friday colleagues in the canteen today, even though i wasn't inviited to discuss our proposed new structure and the most outspoken amongst them made a comment about people in the department who have 'baggage' from previously being screwed over should realise that they should just leave the department. A comment which was clearly aimed at me, as I'm the only person left in the department who that comment fits.

I really don't know what I've done wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.