GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats the latest on Driver 3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:56
Regular
I heard ages ago it was in production and was coming to the cube.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:56
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I heard ages ago it was in production and was coming to the cube.
Thu 16/01/03 at 22:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, yep, it's coming to PS2, X-Box and GameCube, but it isn't going to be out for ages.

In the Stuntman (made by the makers of the Driver series) game on PS2, there's an advert for it, and at the end it says 'Spring 2004' in big letters.

Sadly.
Fri 17/01/03 at 21:52
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Spring 04? Nooooo...
Fri 17/01/03 at 21:57
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I don't think it's that far...

*Get's cube magazine...*
Sun 19/01/03 at 00:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It is - if the developers say so then it is. They're likely to know more about their own game than a magazine is.

:-)
Sun 19/01/03 at 00:14
Regular
"bWo > You"
Driver was always overrated in my opinion. I prefer the pure freedom of GTA: VC to the somewhat suffocating nature of Driver's 'get in a car, drive for a bit and die' system.
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:28
Regular
"She's a dog!"
The first one ruled for a PS1 game. The graphics, the fun, it was all good. The second one was below par. As soon as you got out of your car you could do nothing. The police stopped chasing you and you had no weapons. But I am sure this was just due to restrictions to the console so it should be much better.
Hopefully GTA but a lot less repetitive.
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:01
Regular
According to the developers, Driver will feature the same weather engine as the Shenmue games. This is good news, as it'll mean extremely realistic effects (e.g. moss growing on rocks after it's rained, etc).
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:02
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Well spring 04 is along time but lets hope they are doing a good job.

Diver - restricted to car but better levels
Driver 2 - allowed you to roam and nick other vehicles
Driver 3 - ?
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:09
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Maverick42 wrote:
> According to the developers, Driver will feature the same weather
> engine as the Shenmue games. This is good news, as it'll mean
> extremely realistic effects (e.g. moss growing on rocks after it's
> rained, etc).

wow cool.. that sounds like a good idea.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.