GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars game fans talk here!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/09/00 at 18:17
Regular
I love Star Wars and it's games!!! I especially liked Episode 1 the game (for some reason everyone seems to hate it) and Jedi Power Battles!!! I'm really looking forward to Star Wars Episode 1: Starfighter, Star Wars: Demelition (is that how you spell it?) and Super Bombad Racing!!!! Starfighter being a Roque Squadron sort of game, Demelition being a little like Destruction Derby but in arenas and you can use tanks and things like that, and Super Bombad Racing being a Mario Karts sort of game!!! Oh yeah, there's Episode 1: Obi-Wan as well, a bit like the Phantom Menace game. Obi-Wan is on PC, Starfighter on PS2, Super Bombad Racing on PS2 and I'm not sure what format Demelition is on.
What does everyone else think of think of these games????
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Tue 12/09/00 at 18:17
Regular
"I like cheese"
I love Star Wars and it's games!!! I especially liked Episode 1 the game (for some reason everyone seems to hate it) and Jedi Power Battles!!! I'm really looking forward to Star Wars Episode 1: Starfighter, Star Wars: Demelition (is that how you spell it?) and Super Bombad Racing!!!! Starfighter being a Roque Squadron sort of game, Demelition being a little like Destruction Derby but in arenas and you can use tanks and things like that, and Super Bombad Racing being a Mario Karts sort of game!!! Oh yeah, there's Episode 1: Obi-Wan as well, a bit like the Phantom Menace game. Obi-Wan is on PC, Starfighter on PS2, Super Bombad Racing on PS2 and I'm not sure what format Demelition is on.
What does everyone else think of think of these games????
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Tue 12/09/00 at 18:20
i've got EP 1 for the PC, sure its fun slashing stuff but its way to easy
Tue 12/09/00 at 18:23
Regular
I LOVE STARWARS!
Demolition? Probably. Anyway I am more into PC Starwars games, X-wing Allience especially. Love space sims. Jedi Knight, force commander, and even yoda stories (Yes, I am that sad) I have and love, as well as every space sim.

Has anyone flown through the Death Star on Hard? Allience now. I cannot, it is too hard. I only just managed it on easy!
I am also looking forward to Rogue 2 on Gamecube. Looks just like the film.
I am not joking. Someone showed their friends the clips, and they were convinced that they were watching clips from Episode 2, with Xwings being tested.
Tue 12/09/00 at 20:52
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
X-Wing was my first ever PC game, back when 16Mhz was considered average speed (around 1991 this was). I loved it, the gameplay was so original for it's day that I'd love to go back and get a copy, but it's so hard to find. Anyone else played this and do you know where I can get a copy of it?
Tue 12/09/00 at 22:27
Yes, i've played it, and i would send you my copy if i could find it (i know it's around here somewhere). But anyway you can get it on those white label things or whatever it is, the budget ones, i think Virgin stock it.
Wed 13/09/00 at 15:46
Regular
*Asks Fantasy to go somewhere more private.*
You can buy this excellent pack featuring X-wing and all the data discs, as well as Tie fighter and all the data discs, and a demo of Xwing v Tie, but heres the best part, all done in X-Wing Vs Tiefighter graphics! Updated graphics!

Or...

If you feel that you can't find the updated version....

Have you ever heard of something called abandonware?

Search for it on Ask Jeeves, and also search for X-wing.

A small download, as its an old game...
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Thankyou Grix_Thraves, helpful as always. I found it and will be playing to my retro heart's content now, so I owe you one.
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:34
Regular
The best thing is, its not excatly piracy, as the games are no longer being sold. (Note the term Abandonware)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.