GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SmackDown 4 question."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'WWE Smackdown 4'.
Fri 17/01/03 at 16:42
Regular
Does it still have that crappy damage system which means that no matter what you do, the opponent nearly always springs back up, Tekken style?
Fri 17/01/03 at 16:42
Regular
Does it still have that crappy damage system which means that no matter what you do, the opponent nearly always springs back up, Tekken style?
Fri 17/01/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Not as much as previous installments but they still get up a little fast.

Still a great game though.
Fri 17/01/03 at 18:17
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Asher D wrote:
> Does it still have that crappy damage system which means that no
> matter what you do, the opponent nearly always springs back up, Tekken
> style?

That one of the main reasons i preferred the N64 wrestling games to the PSX ones, more realistic. Smackdown 4 as herculas said is much better in this department than the prevoius smackdown games though.
Fri 17/01/03 at 18:19
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Kastro wrote:
> Smackdown 4 as herculas said is much better in this department than the > previous smackdown games though.

*Hercules
Fri 17/01/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Seriously Asher, I doubted the quality of this game by a long shot.

It is absolutely fantastic! (and remember this is coming from someone that doesn't watch wrestling)

To refer to your question, I think they got the damage system spot on. Depending on how powerful and effective a move is your opponents will either lie on the floor in agony for about twenty fifteen seconds or jump up instantly from a move. Without a doubt, the gameplay is fun and very addictive. Now, your characters can perfrom other nifty maneouvres other than the simple hitting and throwing of your opponents. They can start push fights like what you probably see in school and depending on what wrestler you take into the ring, the hit combos are also impressive.

Right that's enough blabbering, but seriously even people that have never liked wrestling for their entire life will fall for this game.
Tue 21/01/03 at 10:03
Regular
"No surrender"
Maybe the characters get up fast to make the game more life like. I mean do you lie on the ground for half an hour because someone stamps their foot on the ground and pretends to punch you like the wrestlers do? Me thinks not. When their put in a sleeper hold and the ref picks up their arm and drops it..one...two...thr..and amazingly the wrestler lifts him arm and starts taking it to the other guy. Now that is realistic. Indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.