GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The clash is approaching"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/01/02 at 22:16
Regular
Not the typical Gaming War rant that we are all used to hearing nowadays.
But something that will be totally different, something that we have never seen before on this scale will be approaching a TV/Cinema screen near you.
Probably expected too, given that one of the companies that will be advertising will be the biggest on Earth.

Namely Microsoft with Sony trying to 'Screen' them out.

I long for March, when not only will it be interesting to watch-but prove highly entertaining.
The days are fast approaching now, getting ever closer and closer and frankly there is no stoppping it.
Sony will unleash advert upon advert trying to convince people how powerful and great the PS2 is- showing the likes of Metal Gear Solid 2 and praising it from all quarters.

While on the Other hand, you have a company, which really 'you shouldn't mess with' at all when money is concerned for the production of Advertising.
These guys will be hitting our screens with full force, you can bet on it. Considering Bill Gates' huge pockets, Microsoft will be trying their best to steal Sony's limelight, trying to suck up every last consumer that is un decided and even those who where previously loyal to Sony.
It's going to happen and be prepared to witness Sony fighting back.
We all know Sony have the money too, after all we see them on Football billboards, sponsoring various leagues etc., but in reality, Microsoft can go that one better. Perhaps in the next year we will see them spending their cash in every form of advertising in a bigger way than what we are about to see, thinking of that is mind blowing, more than likely they will even in some cases, venture to areas that where traditionally Sony's stronghold.
It's going to be fun watching it all, seeing the two Corporate Giants battling each other for the control of our minds.
In fact, even now who knows what each company have up their Sleeve come March, Nintendo will obviously sneak in a lot quieter in Advertising, but watching Microsoft doing something better than Sony will be highly Interesting to say the least.
March looms!.
Sat 26/01/02 at 13:59
"INSAAANE!!!!"
an advert containing mgs2????? Sounds brilliant I cant wait for that, been playing the demo that came with the new issue of opsm2 for a week now, and I still keep finding new things.
Sat 26/01/02 at 12:04
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sorry, I didn't read your topic, I just skimmed it.

As a matter of interest, what PS2 games do you have?
Sat 26/01/02 at 11:13
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
What????
That silly mallard was a joke!
Sat 26/01/02 at 01:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
IMHO, Microsoft has the money but Sony have the skill. SOme of their adverts are totally top-notch.
Fri 25/01/02 at 22:02
Regular
Sony and Microsoft are battling for the same gaming territory, so it should be interesting to say the least.
The advertising will no doubt be in our faces, but I'm not sure if I will be swayed by it.
My preference (at the moment) is the GameCube.
Hopefully Nintendo's box of tricks will stay free of such pollutates as FIFA and all the other overkilled franchises, and try to maintain a quality control over the games they allow on it.
I also like the design of the console itself, and those lovely little mini-discs.
Thu 24/01/02 at 22:16
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Not the typical Gaming War rant that we are all used to hearing nowadays.
But something that will be totally different, something that we have never seen before on this scale will be approaching a TV/Cinema screen near you.
Probably expected too, given that one of the companies that will be advertising will be the biggest on Earth.

Namely Microsoft with Sony trying to 'Screen' them out.

I long for March, when not only will it be interesting to watch-but prove highly entertaining.
The days are fast approaching now, getting ever closer and closer and frankly there is no stoppping it.
Sony will unleash advert upon advert trying to convince people how powerful and great the PS2 is- showing the likes of Metal Gear Solid 2 and praising it from all quarters.

While on the Other hand, you have a company, which really 'you shouldn't mess with' at all when money is concerned for the production of Advertising.
These guys will be hitting our screens with full force, you can bet on it. Considering Bill Gates' huge pockets, Microsoft will be trying their best to steal Sony's limelight, trying to suck up every last consumer that is un decided and even those who where previously loyal to Sony.
It's going to happen and be prepared to witness Sony fighting back.
We all know Sony have the money too, after all we see them on Football billboards, sponsoring various leagues etc., but in reality, Microsoft can go that one better. Perhaps in the next year we will see them spending their cash in every form of advertising in a bigger way than what we are about to see, thinking of that is mind blowing, more than likely they will even in some cases, venture to areas that where traditionally Sony's stronghold.
It's going to be fun watching it all, seeing the two Corporate Giants battling each other for the control of our minds.
In fact, even now who knows what each company have up their Sleeve come March, Nintendo will obviously sneak in a lot quieter in Advertising, but watching Microsoft doing something better than Sony will be highly Interesting to say the least.
March looms!.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.