GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For those that have it please can you tell how the charge XBOX Live service works"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/01/03 at 19:25
Regular
Details would be good + what do you need for a basic XBOX Live set up?, say in a bedroom
Fri 17/01/03 at 19:25
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Details would be good + what do you need for a basic XBOX Live set up?, say in a bedroom
Fri 17/01/03 at 19:45
"slightlyshortertagl"
a computer
some incentive
and www.xbox.com/uk/live
Fri 17/01/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Hmmm...

An Xbox (obviously)

Broadband Internet of some description

If you have a USB modem, then the Xbox cannot plug into it, so you need to get a bit technical- three choices, 1) Buy a router 2) If you have a pc in the same room buy a Netowrk Interface card to put in the PC - costs about £15 max 3) Get a modem with an ethernet port - usually expensive, if you're on NTL or another cable company it might be one of these already.

Access to the main phone socket in the house. This is important, if you have a USB modem, and there is no main phone socket in the room, then you're going to need some special cable to connect it up I think this was RJ45 cable ? Anyone ??

If you're PC is away from the Xbox, and you are using the Network interface card option, in the room, by more than a metre, then you're going to need to move it close, or buy some RJ11 crossover cable to plug the console into the card. If you use the NIC card then the PC has to be switched on whilst you use Xbox Live.

Credit card to pay for it online !

Thats about it, check out;

http://www.xbox.com/uk/live/ howto/connectlive.htm (remove the space) for more clearer info :)

http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk for supplies - bit pricy but fast delivery, and at least good for info on products you've seen elsewhere. Ebay is good for stuff like PC gear as you'll often get it much cheaper than elsewhere - just use a good seller :)

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.