GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sam Fisher Favourite Quote..............."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Fri 17/01/03 at 19:41
Regular
Just thought I would start a new topic... anyone who has Splinter Cell knows that there are some funny and some cool moments, so I was wondering if you could share with everyone:

a) Your favourite Sam Fisher quote.
b) Funniest moment in Splinter Cell.
c) Your favourite moment in Splinter Cell.

a) ...as for my favourite Sam Fisher quote I think it has to be the one on the first level, where you interrogate a technician. Here was how it went...

Sam: Tell me more about Grinko
Technician: I know nothing! I've told you everything.
Sam: Cross your heart and hope to die???
Technician (really panicky): What???!!???
Sam (in a really laid back way): Nothin'

Its definitely my favourite piece of dialogue in the game so far... Its soo cool how Sam Fisher stays as cool as a cucumber, but still scares the out of his 'victims'... Fantastic moment.

b) My funniest moment in Splinter Cell has to be the funny conversations... especially when you rapell through a window in a level where you enter a kitchen and a guy walks in a spits in the soup... Thats was pretty cool.

c) My favourite moment (there are loads, such as split jump etc.)... but the one that comes to mind at the moment is on the first level where you sneak up on the two guys working on their computers... even though its not the best moment in the game, it was still my first glimpse into the world of Sam Fisher.. Stealthy Fun Heaven!!!

Please post your responses.
Thanx.
Sun 26/01/03 at 16:26
Regular
I agree Wookster, I don't think Sam Fisher needs sexual relief whilst hes on a super important mission. I wonder how the voice talent made that sound?
Sun 26/01/03 at 11:02
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Funniest moment of Splinter Cell for me was when I found out you can hurt civilians with a sticky camera to the face...
Sun 26/01/03 at 00:45
"High polygon count"
I don't have a favourite quote, but the groan he lets out when you use a medikit always makes me laugh - sounds like he's cracking one off.
Sun 26/01/03 at 00:15
Regular
My favourite qoute is in training where the CIA guy says,"Ow your hurting me"

The funniest bit is definetly when he spits in the soup!

My fav moment is when i grabbed grinkos driver and interrogated him,aswell as grabbing civilians

This is a well thought out topic,please post in my your top games ever question
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:30
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
> c) Your favourite moment in Splinter Cell.
>
> Amazing game, My fave is a "fave" of the game in general,
> sneaking in the shadows and taking an unsuspected guard by surprise!

--I have to agree with that as well..... Another one of my fav moments, is in the CIA level, where there are many corners which are completely dark. I was in a position, where i was soo low on health I felt that I had nothing to lose, so I walked out of the shadows, and 2 guards saw me!! They started shooting, however they were quite away a way, and I ran straight back into the shadows (the meter was at 1).. So they started following me, however they were basically blind in the dark. they diddnt see me, so they went back on their patrol on high aleart. Becasue I triggered an alarm, 3 guards were patrolling in the area....... And I stood completely still in the darkness with my night vision on. However, as all three of them knew I had disappeared into the darker area they patrolled near to where I was......... So... the first guard walked down, and walked directly past me (he couldnt see me at all!!!) and I sneaked up and grabbed him, pulled him back into the darkness and knocked him out. I waited again, and a second guard came down into my area, once again he walked straight past me, I grabbed him, and knocked him out, and then the other guard. By the end of it, I had a pile of 3 bodies in the dark corner I had been waiting all that time.
Its such a simple way, but it is soooo cool. They couldnt see me at all, and as 'sharp as a blade' I struck... They haddnt even known what hit em! I tried to get a pile of 4 bodies in the same area, but I had wiped out all the guards in that area. I was very lucky, cos I had one bit of life left, and I took out all the guards in the area. Its soooo cool being able to do that. Like a one man machine. After that I had time to search around and I found 2 medi kits. Now my life is half way up, so I can complete the level now without any worry (having some health gives some margin of error)!
So what started off as a bit of Kamakazi fun (running from armed guards), as I only had one piece of life left.... it suddenly turned the otherway round!!! And I found a check point! WOHO! Much mroe than I bargained for, and the risk paid off.

PHEW... anyway thats enough of me... Please post more of your fav: Funny/Favourite moments and fav Sam Fisher quotes in Splinter Cell.

Thanx.
Sat 18/01/03 at 18:04
Regular
Console_kid wrote:
> a) Your favourite Sam Fisher quote.

Hmmm, Not sure he makes many remarks that are amusing.

> b) Funniest moment in Splinter Cell.

The conversations between the guards, and seeing Genral Ferlong drunk and staggering around trying to shoot me.

> c) Your favourite moment in Splinter Cell.

Amazing game, My fave is a "fave" of the game in general, sneaking in the shadows and taking an unsuspected guard by surprise!
Sat 18/01/03 at 09:27
Regular
I blasted through the game so intently and so quickly (had a mini gaming marathon over Christmas) that I can't remember any specific quotes.

More curious than funny really: on the last mission right at the end when Sam has to assasinate the bearded bloke. If you go back to an earlier part of the level, you'll find the very same man standing in a room. You can kill him, but you still have to go and kill him officially by shooting him through the window. Some kind of bug I guess.

Very tough to answer. If I just think about the game, a moment that comes to mind is when Sam had to negotiate the steamy meat factory rooms using the night vision goggles. That was pretty tense.
Fri 17/01/03 at 19:41
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Just thought I would start a new topic... anyone who has Splinter Cell knows that there are some funny and some cool moments, so I was wondering if you could share with everyone:

a) ...as for my favourite Sam Fisher quote I think it has to be the one on the first level, where you interrogate a technician. Here was how it went...

Sam: Tell me more about Grinko
Technician: I know nothing! I've told you everything.
Sam: Cross your heart and hope to die???
Technician (really panicky): What???!!???
Sam (in a really laid back way): Nothin'

Its definitely my favourite piece of dialogue in the game so far... Its soo cool how Sam Fisher stays as cool as a cucumber, but still scares the out of his 'victims'... Fantastic moment.

b) My funniest moment in Splinter Cell has to be the funny conversations... especially when you rapell through a window in a level where you enter a kitchen and a guy walks in a spits in the soup... Thats was pretty cool.

c) My favourite moment (there are loads, such as split jump etc.)... but the one that comes to mind at the moment is on the first level where you sneak up on the two guys working on their computers... even though its not the best moment in the game, it was still my first glimpse into the world of Sam Fisher.. Stealthy Fun Heaven!!!

Please post your responses.
Thanx.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.