GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola's Hottest Sites!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/08/07 at 18:40
"Are you sure?"
I've just found this page: [URL]http://freeola.com/customer-sites/top_sites_hottest.php[/URL]

"Here is a list of the latest 20 most popular sites listed in our free directory."

Can anybody say if this is popular by clicks from the Customer Site pages or by volume of all internet traffic?

It would be nice to be able to see more of the "Freeola Top 500" visited sites...
Tue 07/08/07 at 10:48
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It's being looked into! It's an automated process but it seems that the auto capture isn't thumbnailing, but is instead capturing at full resolution and then simply resizing. Not what was intended obviously! Ideally the thumbnails should only be a few kilobytes so I've passed this on to the creator to fix.
Tue 07/08/07 at 10:16
"Are you sure?"
Freeola FYI... School boy errors ;¬)

I've just been visiting the 'Hottest Sites' page again and noticed some of the thumbnail images took a few seconds to load and also looked a bit scrunched up.

You guys need to check out my tips on image optimisation! [URL]http://chat.freeola.com/Web-Development-4-chat/Photo-sizes-on-websites-make-your-site-load-faster-135.html[/URL]
One of the images (Shakespeare) is over 1mb when it should only be a few kb and nearly all of the others need correcting!!!
Mon 06/08/07 at 12:06
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for that - very interesting.

It would be good if you could extend this to the top 50 or 100 sites. It makes interesting reading and getting in the top 100 would give people something to aim for ;¬)
Mon 06/08/07 at 10:39
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
It is based on the amount of overall traffic to the site, not the clicks from any particular source. However, it only includes sites listed in the Freeola Customer Sites directory, so it doesn't include all Freeola-hosted sites.
Mon 06/08/07 at 10:15
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> The list of site are generated from the number of hits they have
> received every week.

Hi Eccles,
Is that hits followed from Freeola or total hits/traffic from any source?
Mon 06/08/07 at 10:08
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The list of site are generated from the number of hits they have received every week.
Sun 05/08/07 at 18:40
"Are you sure?"
I've just found this page: [URL]http://freeola.com/customer-sites/top_sites_hottest.php[/URL]

"Here is a list of the latest 20 most popular sites listed in our free directory."

Can anybody say if this is popular by clicks from the Customer Site pages or by volume of all internet traffic?

It would be nice to be able to see more of the "Freeola Top 500" visited sites...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.