GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forever I am now tormented"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Championship'.
Sat 18/01/03 at 00:25
Regular
Swapped Frontline for Unreal Champ today.

Unreal Champ is alrite, but it's soo God dam juddery its almost unplayable. Its easy to see they've just ripped it straight from the PC and put it on Xbox- with no optimising. Xbox Live is it's major redeming featue, and that patch is so badly needed to cure the slowdown its untrue. Really spoils the game. Makes me so mad that it was rushed.

Not the point though. I saw the Play Live option. And it stared back at me. So I clicked on it and automatically it started loading Xbox Live to my dashboard.

So now when I select it on my dash board its got all the info, help guide lines, account manager, option to creat and account- everything. And as I'm as likely to get Broadband as winning the lottery it's just sitting there- taunting me. Laughing at me. Making me feel all left out.

Cunning MS. The bunch of buggers know that saps like me want to play on XboxLive so much they put the option to do so right in front of our bloody faces. It's like putting a big cake infront of a starving fat kid. Somehow.

Smart move. I wonder how long I'll last.
Sat 18/01/03 at 00:25
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Swapped Frontline for Unreal Champ today.

Unreal Champ is alrite, but it's soo God dam juddery its almost unplayable. Its easy to see they've just ripped it straight from the PC and put it on Xbox- with no optimising. Xbox Live is it's major redeming featue, and that patch is so badly needed to cure the slowdown its untrue. Really spoils the game. Makes me so mad that it was rushed.

Not the point though. I saw the Play Live option. And it stared back at me. So I clicked on it and automatically it started loading Xbox Live to my dashboard.

So now when I select it on my dash board its got all the info, help guide lines, account manager, option to creat and account- everything. And as I'm as likely to get Broadband as winning the lottery it's just sitting there- taunting me. Laughing at me. Making me feel all left out.

Cunning MS. The bunch of buggers know that saps like me want to play on XboxLive so much they put the option to do so right in front of our bloody faces. It's like putting a big cake infront of a starving fat kid. Somehow.

Smart move. I wonder how long I'll last.
Sat 18/01/03 at 11:36
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I think nearly all reviews have made it clear that Unreal has issues, and that full playability is only unlocked online. The forthcoming patch will solve the problems and MS are going to make the patch available on a CD free of charge as well for offline users - keep checking the MS Xbox site.

Unreal's Live option has been useful for a lot of us though - it allows someone to get online whithout waiting for their Xbox Live Testdrive kit to arrive as you can get going with just the account code you receive immediately after purchase.

Mech Assault falls into the same category , good 1 player, great online !

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 18/01/03 at 14:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thats pretty harsh Mantis - I definatly have sympathy for you mate.
Mech Assault is by far the best online game. :-)
Sat 18/01/03 at 16:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You just can't beat playing Xbox Live.

Oh yes, my thoughts are with you blah blah.

Now, where's my headset?
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Surprisingly, this game has grown on me.

I wrote the article when I had completed the team deathmatch league, and I hadn't yet tried CTF or Double domination. The other gametypes are more enjoyable, and somehow some of the CTF levels I've noticed run quite smoothly and are really well designed.

I'm liking it now, but it's still got some pretty ugly flaws. Hopefully that patch will be distributed with OXM aswell, so people like me can try it in the improved form.
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If it has Assault (which I doubt it does)

It should rule.

UT with Assault online was one of the best games ever.
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:57
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Its got new things, Double Domination and Bombing run. Both heavy team based games.

Bombing run sees everyone going for a Ball launcher, with which you have to use to score in the oponents net. You can pass the ball between players, which at the same time trying to fight the enemies who want the ball. Its fun.
Sun 19/01/03 at 17:03
Regular
Unreal Tournament 2003 is thoroughly crap.

That is all.
Sun 19/01/03 at 18:55
"Lemon eyewash"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Unreal Tournament 2003 is thoroughly crap.
>
> That is all.

well that was worth waiting for and i'm sure everyone wanted to hear whitestripes expert view on the subject (LOL yeah right)
Sun 19/01/03 at 21:59
Bombing Run is fun.

You have 8 people running towards your goal and you sit there picking them off one by one.

Double Domination is pretty cool as well.

Assault would have been nice though. Hopefully, but unlikely, a download sometime.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.