GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The HandHeld Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/01/03 at 08:25
Regular
Microsoft have been talking about a handheld Xbox, i jave heard it is going to be like a gameboy advance or a laptop.

Myself i think the laptop shaped one would be better because it will have a bigger screen and you will beable to put normal Xbox discs in the
CD-ROM drive, if it is a laptop shaped one you will beable to surf the net quicker, as it will probably have a small keyboard (the keyboard will probably be the size of the ones on the internet phone).

If it is like a gameboy advance you will need to by seperate games. This way it will be a smaller screen and it wont be as good graphics and that will be downer.

If there will be a Handheld Xbox it will be out in 2005.

Im looking foward to it!

Callum Chapman...

You can now have a gossip about this handheld Xbox...
Wed 22/01/03 at 15:19
Yeah. I got an XBOX and think its great, but the sales figures indicate otherwise. Its getting its butt kicked by the PS2. What chance would a handheld version have?

Lets hope the XBOX 2 (expected to be released sometime in 2007) will be better recieved.
Tue 21/01/03 at 19:50
Regular
I expect it'll cost a bomb and never take off.
Tue 21/01/03 at 19:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
Yeap. The handheld XBox is rumoured to be released in October.

You however do need to buy a Sainsbury's shopping trolley to carry it.
Mon 20/01/03 at 15:51
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
An idea is an idea :D
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:50
Regular
GlideM wrote:
> Also a hand held with link capability to the Xbox 2 or even 1 would
> I'm sure help a more Japanese gamers see the benefits of the Microsoft
> range.

Or enrage them that they've blatently ripped off Nintendo's great idea?
Sat 18/01/03 at 18:36
Regular
GlideM wrote:
> Seeing noone has replied I will give you my 2 pennies worth :)
>
> A laptop type system, hmmmm nice idea but not 'Hand Held' really is it
> but I like the idea of a Xbox in the laptop type config with the LCD
> screen etc.
>
> As for a hand held, the GBA has no real competition and MS would be
> daft not to take some of the market share which Nintendo are currently
> enjoying all to them selves.
>
> Also a hand held with link capability to the Xbox 2 or even 1 would
> I'm sure help a more Japanese gamers see the benefits of the Microsoft
> range.

thans for the reply
Sat 18/01/03 at 17:32
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Seeing noone has replied I will give you my 2 pennies worth :)

A laptop type system, hmmmm nice idea but not 'Hand Held' really is it but I like the idea of a Xbox in the laptop type config with the LCD screen etc.

As for a hand held, the GBA has no real competition and MS would be daft not to take some of the market share which Nintendo are currently enjoying all to them selves.

Also a hand held with link capability to the Xbox 2 or even 1 would I'm sure help a more Japanese gamers see the benefits of the Microsoft range.
Sat 18/01/03 at 08:25
Regular
Microsoft have been talking about a handheld Xbox, i jave heard it is going to be like a gameboy advance or a laptop.

Myself i think the laptop shaped one would be better because it will have a bigger screen and you will beable to put normal Xbox discs in the
CD-ROM drive, if it is a laptop shaped one you will beable to surf the net quicker, as it will probably have a small keyboard (the keyboard will probably be the size of the ones on the internet phone).

If it is like a gameboy advance you will need to by seperate games. This way it will be a smaller screen and it wont be as good graphics and that will be downer.

If there will be a Handheld Xbox it will be out in 2005.

Im looking foward to it!

Callum Chapman...

You can now have a gossip about this handheld Xbox...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.