GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo make it official!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/01/03 at 09:17
Regular
Gamecube is going online in March! :P

---------------------------------------
This year sees the release of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Golden Sun 2, Advance Wars 2, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire, Wario World and 1080° Avalanche - plus new Nintendo GameCube versions of Mario Kart, F-Zero and Mario Golf.

Plus, March 28th sees the release of Game Boy Advance SP - the smaller, sleeker, illuminated version of the best-selling handheld console. Also in March, Nintendo GameCube will join the online gaming fraternity with the release of the Broadband Adaptor and Modem Adaptor, alongside Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II, the eagerly-awaited RPG.

Taken from a Newsletter I just got
Sat 18/01/03 at 09:17
Regular
"^_^"
Gamecube is going online in March! :P

This year sees the release of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Golden Sun 2, Advance Wars 2, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire, Wario World and 1080° Avalanche - plus new Nintendo GameCube versions of Mario Kart, F-Zero and Mario Golf.

Plus, March 28th sees the release of Game Boy Advance SP - the smaller, sleeker, illuminated version of the best-selling handheld console. Also in March, Nintendo GameCube will join the online gaming fraternity with the release of the Broadband Adaptor and Modem Adaptor, alongside Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II, the eagerly-awaited RPG.

Taken from a Newsletter I just got
Sat 18/01/03 at 09:46
Regular
Interesting - though the 'killer app' for the onling service could be Mario Kart. If done properly online (and I'm talking actual races and tournaments online (with all the Nintendo characters, not just eight) and not ust a high score table), which I have every confidence in Nintendo to do, then online gaming could explode, and would certainly boost the GCs popularity no end.
Sat 18/01/03 at 10:08
"Uzi Lover"
Yeah, let's just hope they have a large catalogue of online games and the service itself is reliable.

Then it's in the bag, surely.
Sat 18/01/03 at 10:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
*reads newseltter in inbox*

Golden Sun 2! At last! *jumps for joy*
Sat 18/01/03 at 11:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmmm.......now to convince my dad using a modem over the TV is a good idea.....
Sat 18/01/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
RM18 wrote:
> Interesting - though the 'killer app' for the onling service could be
> Mario Kart. If done properly online (and I'm talking actual races and
> tournaments online (with all the Nintendo characters, not just eight)
> and not ust a high score table), which I have every confidence in
> Nintendo to do, then online gaming could explode, and would certainly
> boost the GCs popularity no end.

I really don't think Nintendo should be worrying about chucking every Nintendo character into MK. Mario Kart games (Like Mario Tennis, Golf & Party) have always focused on characters from Mario games. In fact, the only game I can think of which mixed all Nintendos franchises together was Smash Bros. And in Smash Bros each character can use their own unique abilities, in a racing game, each character won't have unique abilities they are simply racing a kart... I also think characters from different franchises would force nintendo to include new weapons from other game series, thus upsetting the perfect balance of weaponary MK has had since the SNES. Quite frankly eight characters is adequate, although it would be nice to see some unlockable characters. What I WOULD like to see is the ability to play through a championship with 7 other human players online. This would be essentially the ultimate online experience! Oh, and also I'd love Nintendo to include some of the old N64/SNES tracks as unlockable tracks here too. Basically I just want a game with weapons as well balanced as the N64 and SNES (maybe the return of the feather item from the SNES), a little more challenge from the single player, and an amazing online experience.

One problem. Although Nintendo announced GC going online this year and MK released this year, has it actually stated Mk WILL be online...? I know it is very likely it will be but I am concerned Nintendo have not actually stated that it will be. But I spose they like keeping it under their hats...

Oh, one final thing. For battle mode, 2 Vs 2 battles (on one Cube) or 4 Vs 4 battles (online) would be the best thing since... ever...
Sat 18/01/03 at 13:10
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Yes!!!!! Golden Sun 2!!!!

That's all that need be said...
Sat 18/01/03 at 13:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
Golden Sun on Gamecube.
Sat 18/01/03 at 18:24
Regular
[Dashes To Inbox]

[Reads Newsletter]

[Dances]
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Sibs wrote:

> I really don't think Nintendo should be worrying about chucking every
> Nintendo character into MK. Mario Kart games (Like Mario Tennis, Golf
> & Party) have always focused on characters from Mario games. In
> fact, the only game I can think of which mixed all Nintendos
> franchises together was Smash Bros. And in Smash Bros each character
> can use their own unique abilities, in a racing game, each character
> won't have unique abilities they are simply racing a kart...

I think they might add Waluigi, Daisy and maybe Baby Bowser.
> I also think characters from different franchises would force nintendo to
> include new weapons from other game series, thus upsetting the perfect
> balance of weaponary MK has had since the SNES.

It would be good if they did another racing game where every nintendo character is available, and different racing veichles, which would mean that new weapons could suit different drivers.

> What I WOULD like to see is the ability to play through a championship
> with 7 other human players online. This would be essentially the
> ultimate online experience! Oh, and also I'd love Nintendo to include
> some of the old N64/SNES tracks as unlockable tracks here too.

Now that would make Mario Kart the best ever multiplayer game ever. I also hope that they do this, as it would bring back some of my favourite tracks.

> One problem. Although Nintendo announced GC going online this year and
> MK released this year, has it actually stated Mk WILL be online...? I
> know it is very likely it will be but I am concerned Nintendo have not
> actually stated that it will be. But I spose they like keeping it
> under their hats...

If they don't make Mario Kart online, then they would of made one of the biggest mistakes ever and would make some people less interested in online gaming.

> Oh, one final thing. For battle mode, 2 Vs 2 battles (on one Cube) or
> 4 Vs 4 battles (online) would be the best thing since... ever...

This would be fun, although the battles are one of my weakest points. It would also be good to see who at SR are the best at Mario Kart.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.