GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whatever Happened To ..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Messiah'.
Sat 18/01/03 at 13:38
Regular
A game called Messiah. At, least, I think it was called that but it was a long time ago. For some reason it just popped into my head.

You played this little cherub thing (which sounds crap) but you could 'posess' anyone's body, then play as that person instead - different people having different skills.
I can't remember what you did from then onwards, or even what type of game it was but I DO remember it being hyped up quite a lot (this was in PSX's peak times, quite a few years ago)
It looked to be really entertaining and original - definatly not been done before. But then it just disspeared, and I don't know why.

If they got it back onto PS2, it's surely be a winner. But there was a reason for it's dissapearance, I'm sure - can't think for the life of me what, though. Maybe some religios fellows decided it wasn't ethical, the idea of posessing people.
But, standards have changed and I'm sure it would do well, being such an original idea.

So, does anyone remember anything?
The reason it dissapeared?

Yours, rather confused,
FFF
Sat 18/01/03 at 13:38
"period drama"
A game called Messiah. At, least, I think it was called that but it was a long time ago. For some reason it just popped into my head.

You played this little cherub thing (which sounds crap) but you could 'posess' anyone's body, then play as that person instead - different people having different skills.
I can't remember what you did from then onwards, or even what type of game it was but I DO remember it being hyped up quite a lot (this was in PSX's peak times, quite a few years ago)
It looked to be really entertaining and original - definatly not been done before. But then it just disspeared, and I don't know why.

If they got it back onto PS2, it's surely be a winner. But there was a reason for it's dissapearance, I'm sure - can't think for the life of me what, though. Maybe some religios fellows decided it wasn't ethical, the idea of posessing people.
But, standards have changed and I'm sure it would do well, being such an original idea.

So, does anyone remember anything?
The reason it dissapeared?

Yours, rather confused,
FFF
Sat 18/01/03 at 14:33
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I was released on the PC ages ago, and I bought it on budget, and in all honesty, you aint missing much. I got lots of mixed reviews from different PC mags and after playing it's not hard to see why.

The possession thing is fun for the first five minutes, and then it quickly becomes nothing more than a gimmick. The combat is poor to say the least, and the game isn't really helpful in telling what to do next. I remember I've been stuck a number of times on the game before simply because I hadn't a clue what to do next.

Overall, a disappointing game with a good premise, but flawed in many ways.
Sat 18/01/03 at 14:54
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
cipro wrote:
> I was released on the PC ages ago

Congratulations

> I got lots of mixed reviews from different PC mags

Whoa, and there was me thinking your were joking about being released!

Hehe....slight problem with the "t" butten eh? ;-)
Sat 18/01/03 at 15:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Whoops, damn spelling mistakes. Seeing as I can't edit my post here are the missing letter "t" and "t". Sorry for the delay ;-)
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:37
"griever"
yeah i heard of that on the saturn

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.